Brainstorming: 360 View Video Lighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3D diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I've started filming 360 view videos with a pair of Kodak SP360 cameras. I did a night dive with them (link below) and one problem is my conventional lights only cover the area in front of me. I realize I can't light up the whole ocean, but am brainstorming ways to throw light in all directions.

While googling I came across a host of "fishing lights" like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Underwater-WHITE-Fishing-Light-Snook/dp/B011SPE8DA

My question is what do I need to create a battery canister to power it? I'm guessing the GUE canister light folks have all the bits and pieces...please point me in the right direction.

I'm open to other ideas too.

Thanks

Glands for getting wires in and out of the battery canister?

Switch?

DIY canister?

Here are some detailed instructions for a DIY Light. Some of this might help with the canister, switch and glands.
www.frogkick.dk - /projects/divelight/

I am sure one of the Tech dive makers can hook you up with a custom solution, but they are very proud of their gear(not that they shouldn't be). ie: UWLD, DR, Halcyon, Light Monkey...

You can also find some good info on the candlepower forums, or Vance Harlow's book...
Dive Lighting

Vance Harlow's OXYGEN HACKER'S COMPANION From AIrspeed Press

I recently found a product called "Cam Lever Couplings" and thought they may be perfect for a DIY application that requires dry storage, such as this.

They are intended for plumbing, an alternative to unions. They appear to resemble s ai liar design as canister lights.

Bulk Reef Supply - Search Results for Cam lever

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom