Brand Map / Guide: A family tree, a short bio. Help me out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonTNY posted this today on Mares:

Mares is owned by these guys:

The HTM Sport GmbH and its brand TYROLIA® is part of the HTM group with HEAD Wintersports, HEAD Racketsports, Mares/Dacor (Dive sports) as well as Penn (balls)........all of this is under the HEAD Inc. company with revenue in excess of 375MM.

Does Scubapro make Halcyon regs as suggestion in 2nd post?

tusa is the oem for the scubapro/halcyon regs that are rebrands

I think SP is part of Johnson Outdoors Inc. , not Tusa.

Mares also owns SSI. Doesn't matter here but quite the quandary for my local SSI shop who is also a Scubapro Platinum Reseller..lol

Yes, I do not know who manufactures what for Scubapro but I do know they are a part of the Johnson Outdoors Group who also own Ocean Kayak, Old Town and some other similar outdoors equipment manufactures. There are pluses and minuses to being owned by a larger conglomerate, a downside is loss of identity and product focus and a positive is deeper pockets for product development and to weather downturns in the economy etc. All in all Johnson Outdoors seems fairly benign as a master and the Scubapro products fit well into their cooperate focus. Wherever SP sources and manufactures their products are still overall top notch.

I have owned four Ocean Kayaks (and a Perception and an Emotion), for example, just bought my wife a new Tetra 10 and it is every bit as nice (and better made) as my pre-Johnson Outdoors OK Scupper Pro.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom