For Sale BRAND NEW Aqualung Regulator - Legend Octopus for FREE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Averagecanuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a brand new Aqualung Legend LX Supreme Regulator and Legend Octopus I bought but I decided not to get back into diving so here I am selling them.
Never been used. Not a drop of water, never even touched my lips. Still in the box.

New these puppies were $1502 CAD after tax. ($1130 USD)
Asking $1000 CAD ( for the Regulator. I'm throwing in the Octopus for free.
for photos see the kijiji ad I have below
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1484496733

Was this purchased in 2019? Aqualung just came out with the new 2020 model.
LX Supreme is not one of the new models. No Supremes anymore, and new models are Legend, Legend MBS, and Legend Elite. MBS is comparable to old LX.

Thanks. Once the new models came out the old ones plummeted in price. I can buy this model brand new with warranty for $500 US. About $665 Canadian. Considering the fact that Aqualung will not honor a warranty for any third party sale this regulator would be worth considerably less than that. I would pay about $400 Canadian including shipping.

Thanks. Once the new models came out the old ones plummeted in price. I can buy this model brand new with warranty for $500 US. About $665 Canadian. Considering the fact that Aqualung will not honor a warranty for any third party sale this regulator would be worth considerably less than that. I would pay about $400 Canadian including shipping.
Everything you just said isn't true. Aqualung doesn't know who I am!!!! WTF? You drinking your own bathwater? It's UNREGISTERED sparky! This model is not discontinued. It hasn't been replaced by the 3 newer models nor has there been any price reductions unless you can provide a link as proof! Regulator and Octopus SET $500 USD....link it....or I call B.S.! And it's still a world class regulator set in February as it was in December.........DUHHH!!!! I purchased it in December just before Christmas! Or is this what you do....you come into the forum to just free load and low ball quality stuff? I'd rather watch my dog eat the Reg Set and crap it out before giving it to you for $400. FYI

Everything you just said isn't true. Aqualung doesn't know who I am!!!! WTF? You drinking your own bathwater? It's UNREGISTERED sparky! This model is not discontinued. It hasn't been replaced by the 3 newer models nor has there been any price reductions unless you can provide a link as proof! Regulator and Octopus SET $500 USD....link it....or I call B.S.! And it's still a world class regulator set in February as it was in December.........DUHHH!!!! I purchased it in December just before Christmas! Or is this what you do....you come into the forum to just free load and low ball quality stuff? I'd rather watch my dog eat the Reg Set and crap it out before giving it to you for $400. FYI
Just so you know, all of the 2nd generation Legends were discontinued in late 2019. In the US we were told that MAP protection was removed on all items In early to mid November. The Legend LX is a great regulator, but it is unlikely anyone that still has it in stock is able to command full price. When registering for a warranty the customer is asked where it was purchased along with date and price, so it is reasonable to expect that anyone you sell it to will have difficulty registering it as new. Many dealers even register it for the customer when the sale is made.
I can’t tell if @DarrynSami is actually interested in buying it from you for $400 or just felt the questionable need to comment on your asking price. But now you have some added info to help you understand what the market place will tell you is or is not a reasonable price.

Legend LUX Supreme discontinued?

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Lung-Le...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Everything I said is true to the word. The entire Aqualung LUX/LX line is discontinued. Aqualung dealers now sell the LEG3ND, LEG3ND MBS, and LEG3ND Elite regulators. If you can find an unused LX still in stock they are selling at $450 to $500 USD. Averagecanuck you specified that you were selling the regulator for $1000 CDN and throwing in the Octo for free. Now you claim you want the price of a set. Either way the Octopus is also discontinued for the new LEG3ND OCTO.

I called Aqualung directly to confirm their warranty policy. Aqualung tracks regulators they sell by the serial number at time of sale from the dealer. Warranty work is done only through authorized dealers and Aqualung will not help you directly as a customer. If you purchase an Aqualung regulator from a third party you can not get warranty service. It does not matter whether an individual owner registers the product or not. If you take the Aqualung regulator to an authorized dealer for warranty service they can check the serial number. If you do not have verified proof of purchase from an authorized dealer you will be denied warranty service.

I myself purchased an Aqualung LX Supreme at the regular going price last November. I was very disappointed to find out three weeks later that the entire line had been discontinued and the exact same regulator I had purchased was selling at a steep discount. Averagecanuck you should do the research for your own piece of mind. I was very unhappy and felt ripped off at the time but such is life. Sometimes roses and sometimes thorns.

Legend LUX Supreme discontinued?

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Lung-Legend-LX-Regulator/dp/B0087JCKY0/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=34E3WJBRHKYRJ&keywords=aqualung+octopus&qid=1581101274&sprefix=aqualung+oc,aps,227&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQjVWUzFBRDRONzBaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjY0NzMyMVhPQjQyUVdJUDFTTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDAwNjc0MUpFOTM1MFhLT0Q0ViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Everything I said is true to the word. The entire Aqualung LUX/LX line is discontinued. Aqualung dealers now sell the LEG3ND, LEG3ND MBS, and LEG3ND Elite regulators. If you can find an unused LX still in stock they are selling at $450 to $500 USD. Averagecanuck you specified that you were selling the regulator for $1000 CDN and throwing in the Octo for free. Now you claim you want the price of a set. Either way the Octopus is also discontinued for the new LEG3ND OCTO.

I called Aqualung directly to confirm their warranty policy. Aqualung tracks regulators they sell by the serial number at time of sale from the dealer. Warranty work is done only through authorized dealers and Aqualung will not help you directly as a customer. If you purchase an Aqualung regulator from a third party you can not get warranty service. It does not matter whether an individual owner registers the product or not. If you take the Aqualung regulator to an authorized dealer for warranty service they can check the serial number. If you do not have verified proof of purchase from an authorized dealer you will be denied warranty service.

I myself purchased an Aqualung LX Supreme at the regular going price last November. I was very disappointed to find out three weeks later that the entire line had been discontinued and the exact same regulator I had purchased was selling at a steep discount. Averagecanuck you should do the research for your own piece of mind. I was very unhappy and felt ripped off at the time but such is life. Sometimes roses and sometimes thorns.
Darryn - I understand and am sorry you felt ripped off, but sounds like you have made peace with it. Transitioning from discontinued to new products is always painful for all involved, but this time with the Legends it was far less painful than usual. The broad Aqualung “free octo with regulator and BCD” promo in September and October helped to deplete Legend inventories at a value price to the consumer before announcing the changes, and provided little if any need for distress pricing to clear out any remaining 2nd generation inventory. If someone wanted a Legend for Christmas only the old versions were available, and they were hard to find.
There may be many reduced price LX still out there, as that is the one model that Aqualung eventually offered to dealers at a close out cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom