Brand New Intova IC 12 Broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim238

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Intova,

I just purchased an Intova IC 12 camera from Leisurepro and received it Thursday 9/16/10. After taking 20 pictures or so, it is now broken. When shutting the camera off, the lens only retracts 2/3 of the way into the body. It also appears to retract crookedly before stopping. After the retract stops, the lens extends to full length and then retracts again. On the second retract, it again stops abut 2/3'rds of the way in.

Needless to say, not a happy customer. Especially, as I am leaving as soon as possible to go diving for a week.

Being Saturday, neither you nor Leisurepro is available for your customer. Perhaps my mistake in purchasing your product from this vendor.

Please advise of the fastest way to remedy the problem with the defective camera.

Thank you.

Thanks for reaching out to me via email. I just send you an email that hopefully takes care of the situation and gets you back to taking pictures ASAP.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. The crooked lens is typically caused by trying to insert or remove camera from housing with lens in the on and open position. It is a pretty delicate mechanism that must be treated with care. If it was working fine and is now crooked, something must have "knocked it off track". Not to worry though, we will still cover this under warranty and exchange for you. Please contact Kevin at (toll
free) 877-837-0074 for an RMA number.

Hi Jim ,

I have had my intova IC12 camera for almost 4 months and it is working just fine , it needs some care though. The Intova guys are very helpful they support their products 100% especially Joe here .Don't worry you are in good hands.

Best Regards
Nomro

Maybe you guys can help, I've had my lds try to get me a replacement battery for my IC12 with no luck. Something about a change in the way they distribute? Any help would be nice.
PS no problems with the cam sept the battery.

Hi Jason3213,

We are happy to help you get a replacement battery. Please contact Kevin at 877 837 0074 or 808 837 0074.

Thanks,
Intova

I have purchase IC10 and IC 12 at two different time and I must say "I won't think about buying a camera from anybody else' .The service, warranty , and specially Kevin are great .Where I thought I would have problems getting service or questions answered their is no doubt that kevin is on top of things .:acclaim:

I have to admit that Intova has an excellent customer service, great technical support and the turn around is less than 10 days and I live on the other side of the world from Hawaii in Puerto Rico. Kevin is a super guy that will do anything to fix you problem or take care of your question.

I own 2 IC12, one is my back up when the battery is depleted, I just switch IC12 and keep taking pics and videos on the next dive and that way I do not have to worry about moisture entering the enclosure while changing batteries. The only thing I need is to buy another ISS-4000 strobe and one more Imini torch and I will have my set-up completed with dual strobes and video torches.

Now that the weather is improving for the best on the island, visibility will be optimal for photography and fish surveys in the coming months. Thank you Intova and keep the good work.

I screwed up my IC12 and emailed Intova. Got an answer within 2hrs. That's pretty darned good in my book. Very few suppliers pay attention that quick. Will post results of repairs.
I like this camera. The imaging (stills) is pretty decent. I use it a lot for quick pictures when visiting clients.
Video is pretty unusable above water, the sensor blooms all over the place with plenty of light, but responds very nicely underwater, a bit too much sharpening at times, but in general very usable. HINT it pays off to do Underwater White Balance. Learn the steps beforehand and do it once you pass the 20 feet and you won't miss too much the orange filter (and losing a couple of f stops) with that and a little of color correction in Premiere I got passable footage and color rendition at 60 feet. Can't wait to get a light for doing macro. I'll post the edited video later.

I have to admit that Intova has an excellent customer service, great technical support and the turn around is less than 10 days and I live on the other side of the world from Hawaii in Puerto Rico..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom