Brand new Scubapro MK25 sputtering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who else finds the term "broken in" scary?
Ok, it could be just me.

Deleted my long post about, seats and pistons and whatnots 'setting in' first and 2nd stages etc, that's for another topic.

The word 'broken' does not sit well when talking about regulators with my OCD mind. :oops:
What broke?
Haha yeah I realize it is unsettling after I posted. I am unfamiliar with the inner workings of regulators so please disregard, I was just borrowing lingo from mechanics.

But my uneducated guess is that it was a combination of the water temperature, which resulted in a certain rigidity of the diaphragm along with my inhale rate which happened to hit the resonance frequency of the diaphragm just right

Haha yeah I realize it is unsettling after I posted. I am unfamiliar with the inner workings of regulators so please disregard, I was just borrowing lingo from mechanics.

But my uneducated guess is that it was a combination of the water temperature, which resulted in a certain rigidity of the diaphragm along with my inhale rate which happened to hit the resonance frequency of the diaphragm just right
I agree, that sounds like an uneducated guess! :)

The more likely probability at this point is that there was nothing wrong to begin with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom