Brand new to diving and SO excited!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hootie

Registered
Reaction score
American citizen currently living in the Cape Town
# of dives
50 - 99
I did my two days of confined water "dives" last weekend and I do my two days of open water dives this weekend for my certification. I'm so excited that I've already booked 3 dives in the coming month!

My husband and I are relocating South Africa for the next couple of years (his job) and we are going to make stops in Hawaii, Australia (booking a 2 night liveaboard with ProDive for the great barrier reef based on recommendations from friends) and then an 11 night cruise from Sydney to some of the Fijian islands along the way. I figured it was time to get scuba certified. He's been diving for 30+ years (started out as a Navy diver) and I could kick myself for not doing this earlier! Hoping to learn lots from these forums!

Oh, my goodness, what a fantastic trip you guys have ahead of you!

Don't forget, when you get settled, to come back here and look for dive buddies. I know we have at least a couple of South African divers here.

Wow, exciting times!
if you have a chance while in Africa, try to take a live aboard on Pemba Island. I went there about 5 years ago. It's an amazing, remote diving place. Incredibly healthy reefs with tons of tropical fish. it's an enchanting place.

I most definitely will! I will need them for sure because since I can't work over there, I will have an awful lot of free time whilst my husband is at work. I want to cage dive with sharks at least once. Seal Island is supposed to be THE best place in the world for it!

---------- Post Merged at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Wow, exciting times!
if you have a chance while in Africa, try to take a live aboard on Pemba Island. I went there about 5 years ago. It's an amazing, remote diving place. Incredibly healthy reefs with tons of tropical fish. it's an enchanting place.

Thank you for the advice! I'm going to go research it now and add what I can find to my bookmarks for when we get there. And THANK YOU FOR SERVING (saw you are US ARMY, Retired)

I concur...what an amazing chance to dive the world... enjoy and spend as much time reading here as you can! You'll learn a ton and have a blast!

Welcome again and hopefully we'll meet diving one day... kamala

Back
Top Bottom