• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Breaking news from the whale wars

Discussion in 'Marine Life & Ecosystems' started by cdreamer, Jan 5, 2010.

1. DennisS

DennisS Marine Scientist

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    It looks like she is cutting across not coming from astern on the video I was looking at

Whalers sink Sea Shepherd boat - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Bad seamanship any way you look at it. We all know their tactics are to cut in front of ships. Really, really, bad idea as the video shows.

That wake behind her doesn't look like she's sitting still, the video challenges the veracity of Sea Shepherd's press releases.

This incident will probably used to justify the upcoming ramming of a whaler with their new ice hardened vessel

2. StevenN

StevenN Solo Diver

Note that Geoff lives in Tokyo. That should pretty much sum up his objectionability.

3. wardric

wardric Divemaster

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    First I'm very glad no one got seriously hurt since I value human lives as much as animal ones.

Also glad the SS ship is a total loss. A new wreck to dive :D What comes around...

4. Tigerman

Tigerman Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Yeah, cause thats a really good argument for him having to agree or disagree with a certain japanese policy isnt it?
    I guess you blindly agree with everything clinton, bush and obama has done as well then since youre living in the USA?

5. KOMPRESSOR

KOMPRESSOR Regular of the Pub

And I note that you live in California, which some would say sums up yours... :cool2:

6. KOMPRESSOR

My 5 cents...
    Sea Sheperd bought this useless boat just to have it crushed like this. Any PR is good PR! I mean, look at how it behaves in the seas!! Which would you prefer to be in? This one, or one of their super-RIBs?

7. mikemill

mikemill Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Sure, but like all good prey I won't make it easy for them. We just need to give the whales some weapons.

BTW: *%*# Sea Shepards. They need to watch the south park episode.

bigpspickshrek74 likes this.
  8. mike_s

mike_s Solo Diver

yeah right... :shakehead:

Lets' watch it again sports fans!

[youtubehq]-dXCR9LX-Kc[/youtubehq]

that's one of the best statements of this thread. :thumb:

9. KOMPRESSOR

They (SS) really have their pants down on this one, don't they...

Look guys, I support SUSTAINABLE whaling. I do not, however, consider everything the Japanese do as sustainable.

10. StevenN

StevenN Solo Diver

Or you could extrapolate that further and say since I live anywhere in the world that isn't Japan or Norway sums up mine.