Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at it again, if you look at the stern of the boat it appear to slowly get in place and then power up just before the collision.
My thought exactly.. and definetly from the behind of the whaler and crossing over too..

My thought exactly.. and definetly from the behind of the whaler and crossing over too..

That's the way I saw it too. Idiots are lucky they're not dead.

I'm looking at it again, if you look at the stern of the boat it appear to slowly get in place and then power up just before the collision.

yeah... the Sea Sheppards captain via interview claimed that the Whaling ship changed course to hit it while it was "dead in the water".

yeah right.. you can see it "power up" from the cavitation bubbles from the outdrives and run it into the stern of the whaling ship.

Looks to me that they tried to take a easily breakable boat without watertight compartments (either that or they weren't smart enough to close the hatches) and try to ram a bigger object. Because of that, they flooded all compartments of their new toy boat. their stupidity .... it's almost entertaining....

That's the way I saw it too. Idiots are lucky they're not dead.
Sadly theire the kinda idiots that would consider it a success if they died..

You can't (by definition) overtake and cross at the same time. It looks like (to me) that they were underway but not making way until the last 5 seconds before the collision. Then they made way to get in front of the whaler, then backed down away from the whaler.

Frank

yeah... the Sea Sheppards captain via interview claimed that the Whaling ship changed course to hit it while it was "dead in the water".

yeah right.. you can see it "power up" from the cavitation bubbles from the outdrives and run it into the stern of the whaling ship.

Looks to me that they tried to take a easily breakable boat without watertight compartments (either that or they weren't smart enough to close the hatches) and try to ram a bigger object. Because of that, they flooded all compartments of their new toy boat. their stupidity .... it's almost entertaining....

Could be a new discovery channel show. Oh wait it already is...Maybe they should change the name of it to..The Plight of Idiots..:D

You can't (by definition) overtake and cross at the same time. It looks like (to me) that they were underway but not making way until the last 5 seconds before the collision. Then they made way to get in front of the whaler, then backed down away from the whaler.

Frank

Remind me never to question your captain skills...:)

A martyr for their cause :shakehead:

Scientific license would be another name for thinly veiled attempt at legitimacy. What scientific purpose is there to killing the numbers that they do each year. What exactly is the research? What is done with the carcass?

I love a good eagle egg omelet. I could easily say I need so many eggs each year to check on shell thickness to determine if there is any lasting affects from DDT. It would be a shame to then let the contents of the shell go to waste. I might as well sell those contents. (There are a lot of people in my area that love eagle egg omelets.)

The sustainable part is where most people have the problem, be it whales or eagle eggs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom