Breaking surface (2020) new movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen the movie and I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy of the diving procedures. Thanks for that.
I've never dived a Norwegian fiord so, one point I would ask is if those bottoms are so desert without plants and fishes. I did dive and normally dive in ocean cold waters in South America and the underwater landscape is covered with algae and fishes.
Hi,
Happy to hear you liked the movie :)
In general I think north Norwegian waters have more marine life than depicted in the film. As a creative desicion I wanted the environment to be "dead" to make it more hostile and dangerous, so in the art direction, we modeled the underwater sets with "Silfra" in Iceland as a bit of a reference.
All the best,
J

Hi,
Yes, the film is sold to Mexico and Canada, and should become available quite soon in those countries. As for the US, there is not yet a distribution deal in place, but it's being worked on, and we expect this to be sorted after the summer.
J
Cool, do you know what platform in Canada will be showing it?

Hi,
Yes, the film is sold to Mexico and Canada, and should become available quite soon in those countries. As for the US, there is not yet a distribution deal in place, but it's being worked on, and we expect this to be sorted after the summer.
J
Joachim, welcome to the board! Can not wait to check out the movie once it is available in the US. Maybe a private viewing for scubaboard members? :wink:

Not seeing it in the US on Netflix or Amazon Prime. But Norsemen season 3 just went onto Netflix today, although those Norwegians like to get on but not in the water.

Joachim, welcome to the board! Can not wait to check out the movie once it is available in the US. Maybe a private viewing for scubaboard members? :wink:
Hehe , that would be nice ,
Let's see once the US distribution is sorted...

Hi all,
Just a quick update on the US release.
It will open on ”all” TVOD platforms Dec 15th. From the 9th it will have a limited theatrical release, but given these strange times, you will probably struggle to find an open theatre playing it. However, some theatres that are closed will offer the film as a ”virtual theatre” meaning you can stream it from them starting Dec 9th. Also, the film is currently streaming in all 50 states as part of the ”AFI European Union Film Showcase”
Enjoy :)

Just watched it (using the AFI Festival link). Two enthusiastic thumbs up! Recommending it!

rx7diver

It's an effective thriller, one "oh no" moment after another. I can't comment on the science/skill aspects of diving in the film because I would not know what to do in such a situation(except that I wouldn't jump into the water at all upon seeing the falling rocks:happywave:), but I understand many of the "errors" the characters make are there to drive the plot forward.

Back
Top Bottom