Breath-Holding Advice for U/W Swimming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't knock Padi too much. The industry's success is largely due to the demand created by inferior divers.

~Marlinspike

:shakehead

That is a sad state of affairs - and so very true...

PADI, shmadi... Back to more important topics... :wink:

I returned from my FL trip and OW class today and I'm most delighted to report that I am now (finally!) certified! The 20M u/w swim was much easier than I anticipated, and the rest of the course fell into place quite nicely as well. Now, if I could just access the Edit Dive Info section...

Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you made it, I know it has been a long road for you.

MNJoe

annasea:

I returned from my FL trip and OW class today and I'm most delighted to report that I am now (finally!) certified! The 20M u/w swim was much easier than I anticipated, and the rest of the course fell into place quite nicely as well. Now, if I could just access the Edit Dive Info section...

WooHoo - it's time to... paaaaaarrrtay!!!:partytime

Congrats on making it! you will so enjoy exploring the aquatic realm!

Congratulations.

For future posters with this problem, can you tell us which tips or techniques were the most helpful?

lowwall:
Congratulations.

For future posters with this problem, can you tell us which tips or techniques were the most helpful?
Good question...

I think for me, personally, what helped most was actually believing I could do it and having an instructor who felt the same way. :)

In terms of technique, slowing down my kick considerably was extremely helpful, as was dropping down and pushing off strongly with BOTH feet. (Originally, I was pushing off with one foot and dropping down as I did so.)

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to post in my thread! :)

Good job! Hope you had fun with this breath hold stuff and contiue to practice.

Now enjoy blowing those bubbles! Next important project is perfecting your bubble rings :)

hey everyone, while you all are still on subject......anyone know about ssi's current OW program? When I went through it we didn't have to swim breathless underwater...but my son is about to go through it and sadly....he can't swim worth a darn. I want the best for him so.........anyone know about ssi?

annasea:

I returned from my FL trip and OW class today and I'm most delighted to report that I am now (finally!) certified! The 20M u/w swim was much easier than I anticipated, and the rest of the course fell into place quite nicely as well.

Congratulations! When and where do you next dive?

annasea:
Now, if I could just access the Edit Dive Info section...

I feel your pain.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom