Breathing Enriched O2 for health

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course, you are not required to dive nitrox to its NDL. For example, if you use EAN 36 on a dive to 60 feet, you are not required to stay there the full 115 minutes (PADI tables). You can come up earlier than that and get both extended bottom time and less decompression stress.
And....? Is this going to benefit you in some way? Perhaps you will be less tired if you prescribe to this? Something else?

And....? Is this going to benefit you in some way? Perhaps you will be less tired if you prescribe to this? Something else?
A lot of people think that staying away from NDLs makes their dive safer. If you were to dive in the case I gave for 75 minutes, you would surface in the S Pressure group. If you went all the way to NDLs, you would be in the Y pressure group. A lot of people think that ending a dive in the S pressure group is better than ending it ini the Y pressure group. You appear to be disagreeing. Can you explain why?

A lot of people think that staying away from NDLs makes their dive safer. If you were to dive in the case I gave for 75 minutes, you would surface in the S Pressure group. If you went all the way to NDLs, you would be in the Y pressure group. A lot of people think that ending a dive in the S pressure group is better than ending it ini the Y pressure group. You appear to be disagreeing. Can you explain why?
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Many of us dive an appropriate nitrox mix and then dive it to the same NDL limit that others dive air or a lower nitrox mix. The dive characteristics for me are the same, I simply had more time at depth for the same exposure. Your example was nicely cherry picked for the exposure difference.

I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so take this for what it's worth.....I think the advantage of enriched gas works if one feels tired....it's a buzz rejuvenator....nothing more. That being said, I've never tried it outside of the dive.

Now let's talk about the advantage of laughing gas:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom