Bringing Italy to America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba pro has proven itself through the years to be top knotch in all areas The MK 17
With the new G250 Vintage is a top cold water reg. Choice.
I have MK 11 / r395 a good little reg for the $$

But The MK 17 will most likely be my next reg unless Scuba Pro Out Does It with something better>

I agree 100% on this! :coffee: Posts like this have very little credibility to my eyes.

Sorry, just adding my 0.02$:coffee:

It still amazes me when I read those "it's junk" diatribes about modern scuba equipment. The consumer has to determine if you sell the regs because you find them to be the best, or if they are the best merely because you sell them! Maybe the subconscious logic is> Premise #1: I don't sell crap! Premise #2: I don't sell Atomics Concluding: Ergo, Atomic must be crap!

No, I don't think this is a conscious decision for most shop owners but the attitude seems to be prevalent among many of them. It would be better to just extol the virtues of what you DO sell rather than dissing what you don't.

In the past, the shop was in the driver's seat when it came to gear selection. The consumer would come in and listen to the Dive Sage pontificate on which gear was righteous and which should be avoided as it was "junk". Now, the consumer need only google the internet or just come to ScubaBoard to find a veritable TON of peer reviewed gear ranging from the lowly spring strap to any rebreather you may want to consider. You simply DON'T have to rely on someone who's primary motivation is selling enough so they can afford baby's new pair of shoes. The best is that there are many, many people here diving the gear YOU are considering. If there is a problem, you can be SURE that it will be discussed here ad nauseum. To be sure, this is the first negative comment I have ever read about Atomic Regulators (other than price) on :sblogo: That says a LOT. Their first stage piston design is nigh to bullet proof and the design of their HP seats are genius. No, they are not an advertiser here, and I don't even dive their regs. But I have used them and have found them incredibly breathable.

That being said, the OP's offer to allow them to try the reg at a local dive spot is a GREAT idea. I would even let them do a whole dive or two if you really want to make a statement. One or two rental regs and you probably have it covered.

Well credibility issues aside... those who know me... know where I stand and why I stand there. In an open forum opinions are well... opinions.

With that said, someone asked which regulator brands I sell... probably figuring that I was espousing the ones I sell while degrading the ones I dont. That is far from the truth.

While I do sell Cressi-sub, I do not sell Scubapro. I also sell Dive Rite and made no mention of those at all. I also mentioned Apeks - which again I do not sell. So for the record, I liked 2 brands of regulators I do not sell, one brand I do sell and never mentioned the other that I sell.

My postings are made for the benefit of divers. This is how we operate. I only talk about equipment I have personally owned or used - never something I have not personally used or owned. FEW dive shop owners can say the same.

Many (not all) shop owners bad mouth other brands regardless of their quality. I bad mouth brands which have consistently through personal experience earned their reputation. In all, it is a disappointment to me that some ex-Scubapro employees couldn't produce something better than the Atomic they put out. To me Atomic is a disappointment - as it is to many I know.

With that said, most other brands put out some good regulators. I prefer and recommend the ones I mentioned. It can also be said that Mares, Poseidon, Apollo, Oceanic and more have some fine regulator products... all perfectly good if used within certain parameters.

My comments about the Cressi-sub and Scubapro are to the effect that they have been proven - the Scubapro especially - to be diveable virtually anywhere and in any conditions.

Every brand is apt to have a free-flow here or there, parts breakage when dropped or banged around etc... but Scubapro (again, which I do NOT sell) has outperformed them all. Less free flows, less breakage etc... over the years

The original post was intended to introduce Cressi-sub as a viable less expensive alternative. Not all Cressi-subs have been tested by us - but the Ellipse Alaska (as stated) has been and clearly breathes better than most regulators on the market. It has not been tested by us outside of recreational limits... but once this occurs... we will revisit our opinion with the usual honesty and integrity you get from real world testing.

We don't accept an advertising dollar and we ONLY SELL products we use ourselves. In other words, it's not good enough for our clients unless it's good enough for us.

I know other local shop dealers that push one brand and dive another - that doesn't happen here. I dive both Cressi-sub and Scubapro...

Happy New Year - and Happy Diving to all...

.... Just a little snip here and there ....

Well credibility issues aside...

someone asked which regulator brands I sell... I do sell Cressi-sub.....

My postings are made for the benefit of divers. This is how we operate.....

Many (not all) shop owners bad mouth other brands regardless of their quality. I bad mouth brands which have consistently through personal experience earned their reputation. ... To me Atomic is a disappointment...

The original post was intended to introduce Cressi-sub as a viable less expensive alternative. ... It has not been tested by us outside of recreational limits... but once this occurs... we will revisit our opinion with the usual honesty and integrity you get from real world testing....

Thanks for clearing that up.

couv

Ok, so Lucas are not a shining example of British Engineering. But you have to admit that for such a curious little island they have come up with one or two good ideas over the years.....

pneumatic tyres
television
telephone
tarmacadam
penecillin

although thinking about it most of those were invented by Scots, and Lucas is (was) English. Ahh now I see a trend!

But you have to admit that for such a curious little island they have come up with one or two good ideas over the years...
They were doing good with the colonies until they thought up that Tea Tax.

Yeah, those English really screwed up alot of countries over the years

Someone else is still doing that job they say... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom