Bringing Italy to America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Updates on Regs...

The Cressi-sub Ellipse Alaska free-flowed and froze at 84 ft in 36 degree water today on a test at Bainbridge Quarry in Pennsylvania. Our final evaluation of this regulator is that it is a great regulator in Warm water, but does not deserve the name Alaska and can not be taken seriously as a cold water regulator. It is a great breather and provides excellent breathing at all recreational depths in water above 60 degrees Farenheit.

The new Dive Rite RG3000 faired much better. While a slight free flow started at 84' in 36 degree water, it was quickly fixed before freezing by adjusting the external adjustment control. After adjustung the regulator continued to perform with no further issues. We suspect this is a regulator capable of competing with the cold water Scubapro and Apeks models...

It should be noted that the Cressi-sub was tuned down internally (less flow) prior to this dive and still cold not avoid free-flowing and freezing at depth in cold water.

Now you have the answers... Happy Diving

I can't say I'm too surprsised. The freeflow on the Elipse Alaska we had to deal with this past summer was a monster, and wasn't as cold as you were in. I think we had about 48 degrees on that dive.

Offthewall,

Good luck with your dive shop. Thanks for being a good sport here. I know the denizens of Scuba Board are a tough crowd.

couv

Bell was a Scot, and was living in Canada when he invented the telephone.

Just because he's a Scot doesn't mean he wasn't British, but I appreciate the recognition of his nationality.

For such a small country Scotland certainly has had it's fair share of talent.

Lets not forget:

Alexander Flemming (penicillin)

John Dunlop (pneumatic tyre) although this should really be acredited to another Scot, Robert William Thompson who patented the idea about 40 years earlier in France and the USA

Kirkpatrick Macmillan (pedal driven bicycle)

Stephen Salter (wave powered generation of electricity)

.... and the list goes on....

Offthewall,

Good luck with your dive shop. Thanks for being a good sport here. I know the denizens of Scuba Board are a tough crowd.

couv

I appreciate it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom