Brinyte DIV 11 galvanic corrosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drone076

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just for your information guys, about "cheap" chinese diving lights. Have two of them, one is okay and one looks like this now after 3rd dive. Any recommendations for new chinese lights? Cause never Brynite again :)
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

Have you posted to Brinyte, I have heard they have good customer service and will replace you light.

Well, I've heard the same but I'm not feel ready to go this way cause of $32 I've spent on it, ehhehe. I think it's dead by construction design - aluminium body is a part of the circuit, so salt water+current=galvanic corrosion.

Maybe it's just weak contact and bad anodizing that causes electrolysis on this exactly item, and new light will be better quality, but I wouldn't bet on.

I have that exact same torch. I've used it on over 30 dives with no issue, it still looks and functions like new. I'd suggest you log a warranty claim with Brinyte.

There has been issues with much more expense lights so dismissing a whole brand based on one incident seems unfair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom