Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The picture looks like old version at least.
And this weakness that the cable breaks should be fixed with the new version is my understanding.
How do you want to add those replacement metal glands? Reassemble the whole part with the cable? This is a kind of sealed on my light I think.

I have now tested my DIV10 (rev2) first time in the water. Here is a small video:

One more question: How do you fix the goodman handle to your jacket for example? My restractor I used is a little bit hard - it pulls the handle back too hard so it is getting hard to hold the lamp all the time against the pressure of the retractor. Or do you just leave it on your hand all the time?
And did anyone use locktite for example on the screws? Or just fix them so they cant get loose again?

Normally you use no "restractor" mate. just use single ender boltsnap and when you want to do anything else with the left hand just clip the light to the shoulder D-ring. Retractor means trouble and entanglement. :)

Hello,
My light just arrived. below some pics:
20170316_131329.jpg
20170316_131341.jpg
20170316_131353.jpg
20170316_131426.jpg

Interesting... that looks like the new version, but with a better cable. Thanks for the pictures.
I guess there are at least three versions out there now. :)

I just found out that my lamp empties the batteries, when they are in the tank even if the light is not switched on.
Is that normal and can someone confirm it?

Yes, that's normal for most lights. It's caused by the internal electronics and is known as parasitic drain. Normally takes a long time though.
Just twist the thread of the battery container enough to not make contact anymore or take the batteries out when you don't use the light.

Yes, it happened with all my Brinyte's lights but not with my 2 Archon and 1 Fenix lights. Don't know why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom