Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So glad to see all the traction this light has had! Mine is still running strong, and my brother flooded his a few months ago. Most likely his fault, but still for the use we've gotten out of them they are a phenomenal value. He'll be getting another.

Does anyone know the maximum dimensions of a 26650 that the DIV10 takes. I've emailed a supplier but they haven't come back and the sizes i sent them they said were too big, yet i saw someone post the batteries i was looking at Keeppower 26650 5200mAh 26.4 x 69.5 mm or the Keeppower 6000mAh 26.8 x 69.0 mm. Strangely i found a link that said the maximum supported battery length was 65mm $121.95 Authentic Brinyte DIV10 Diving LED Flashlight - 3*LED / 5-mode / 3000LM / 3*26650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

A friend of mine has the DIV10 and he says the ID of the canister is ~ 27.5mm

Last edited:
I use Efest 26650 4200mAh 26.05mm x 66.38mm. There is a large spring at the bottom of the battery compartment. I believe it accommodates 69.5mm batteries just fine.

Has anyone opened the lighthead or even replaced a led? One of the leds in my light has turned brown and has dimmed.

I was able to open the rear side but the top side of the lighthead seems glued. I couldn't open it.

I've opened the back to replace the cord. I've opened the front to adjust the reflector. I've not touched the led board itself.

...my div10w is dead in too many ways to fix. My div10 switch failed, the reflector corroded, led dimmed. I'm beginning to question their longtern investment value... Perhaps too disposable, considering a good can light can last decades.

Cameron

I'm beginning to question their longtern investment value... Perhaps too disposable, considering a good can light can last decades.
I've reasoned that LED technology is advancing so fast, that there's no point in investing in a rock solid can light right now. But that's just me, if I were diving in overhead environments I'd definitely get something more reliable.

I've got an intermittent cable issue so I've got to open up things at the battery end. I did the head-end a few months ago no worries but the battery end?? Im not looking forward to trying to fix this end :(

I've got an intermittent cable issue so I've got to open up things at the battery end. I did the head-end a few months ago no worries but the battery end?? Im not looking forward to trying to fix this end :(

Battery end was somewhat annoying. Successful did it twice .

Gland had been soft/semisoft potted and the board towards hard potted. Easy access from the inside, but scary pushing/pulling the cable through the gland while trying not to damage the poorly assembled board.

Battery end was somewhat annoying. Successful did it twice .

Gland had been soft/semisoft potted and the board towards hard potted. Easy access from the inside, but scary pushing/pulling the cable through the gland while trying not to damage the poorly assembled board.

Any tips on gaining access to the inside? I need to cut around 5 inches of cable off and re attach them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom