Broken ankle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Greetings to all. I'm new here in ScubaBoard and I would like to get your opinion .

My friend recently slip off on dive boat and broken the ankel. He had to do an operation to fix the born with help of metal bolt etc,.. few weeks ago all removed and now he can walks without any helps from others can stand on both feet but how long do he need to wait to go back in instructor job , what kind of test must he under go before start teaching again ? thanks for all your opinion .:)

By the sound of things based on MY experiences I would estimate several months...just do NOT rush things.

he should be doing light exercises to build the strength in it.

Swimming in the pool with fins will be good for him.

As an instructor, you have to be able to do a rescue... that means hauling people out of the water. If he can't do this, he has no business teaching.

His orthopedic surgeon would be the one to ask about this. When he's cleared for full activity, including bearing the heavy weights associated with diving, and can perform all of the expected duties of an instructor as Pete said, he may consider returning to diving instruction.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom