Broken loops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been diving with my apollo fins for about 1 1/2 years and this past week, while diving in the Caymans, the rubber loops off of both spring straps broke through. Have other people had this problem?

How can I get them replaced and can I expect to have to keep replacing them every other year??

Those 'loops' do have a finite lifespan (I own 5 pairs) and have had to replace a few over the years....while they're pretty durable, they don't last forever (heavier usage/exposure to sun and elements)....YES you can have your Apollo dealer (I use Scubatoys mostly) order you replacement 'loops'.

coralcruiser: As scubafanatic stated the rubber straps can be replaced by ordering through any Apollo Dealer or from us directly. You can contact us @ apollous@mac.com/800.231.0909.

You should not expect to replace them every other year. The design has changed over the years and the current rubber straps are more durable than earlier versions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom