Broken MRS Plus Weight Pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j1j2j38

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I just purchased the Dragon BC and I was testing the quick release weight pockets and one of them tore, and I can't get it out or anything. It seems like the same problem as
scubaboard.com/forums/mares-just-add-water/283554-mares-dragon-mrs-plus-weight-releases.html

I'll send it back or go into the store next week, and hopefully it can get taken care of quickly, but I'm concerned that this happened the second time I tried to remove the pockets without ever having anything in the water.

Is there a whole batch in the last few months that is faulty?

I bought two Dragon BCs, and I've tried putting the weight pockets in and out of them a few times. Only the one has broken, but I'm pretty nervous about it now.

I swapped out the BC with the broken weight pocket for a different model, so the problem at least for me is resolved, but I'm still curious if this is a common problem. The problem I had was with the small weight pockets (the ones that go with s and xs BC). I still have a medium dragon BC with a larger weight pocket and it seems to be fine. I'm curious if the other person who had problems with their's tearing had a small or the full-size weight pocket. Hopefully it's just a problem with the small size since then that would no longer affect me.

I just purchased a Kailia BCD for my daughter and the same problem with the MRS Plus. Mares and the retailer must know about the problem as they didn't even put the weight pockets in when they shipped the bcd. If that wasn't bad enough when i inserted the empty weight pockets both handles broke and I had to turn the BCD insideout and use plyers to get it to release.

I guess they are looking for a law suite.

Back
Top Bottom