• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Brownies Yacht Pro 35?

Discussion in 'Compressors, Boosters and Blending Systems' started by Chris H, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Chris H

Chris H Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Does anyone have any experience with the Brownies Yacht Pro compressors? I have a Kidde 4.2cfm right now, but I have an opportunity to get a Yacht Pro 35. It appears that the VFD on the Brownies takes 1 or 3 phase and it has a 3 phase motor on it. At this point, it may be more serviceable than my Kidde, but it may have too many bells and whistles on it for my needs. I don't have a Yacht, I'd be using it at home.

2. tbone1004

tbone1004 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    VFD's almost always put out 3-phase power. Motors are more reliable and much more efficient on 3-phase than on 1-phase. VFD's can accept single or 3-phase input if they are sized appropriately *typically 2x the motor rating if using 1p input, i.e. a 5hp motor would use a 10hp vfd*.

After that it looks like it has auto on/off which is super easy to add to any compressor and essentially required if you want to walk away from it while filling. A lot of people hack it and use an OPV set to the fill pressure but that's a true hack-job
    Has an auto-drain which is a $300 part from Jorc and is just a high pressure solenoid valve. Easy enough to remove if you don't want it for whatever reason since it's a stupid simple mechanism

3. rcontrera

rcontrera Dive Equipment Manufacturer

The Yacht Pro is a nice package. However, it is just a Junior II with a bunch of options installed. If you have your heart set on buying a new compressor and your Kidde just isn't cutting it anymore, make a list of what you want in a system and see what the various manufacturers/distributors can do for you. There are LOTS of people that repackage like Brownie does.