bruises and nitrox??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

A friend is having an intersting situation. He knows 2 females, mid 40's, who after diving nitrox higher than 34% has numerous bruises on their arms. Said they are mostly near the muscles. They claim if the o2 level is below 34% they don't have this problem. Any ideas here?

Ed

Dear blacknet:

This is certainly a new one to me. I do not have any idea other than they bumped something and bruised themselves. Because this occurred when breathing the nitrox, they attributed the problem to the gas. :confused:

Does anyone else have any experience -- or ideas - - on this????

Dr Deco :doctor:

Hello,

The only remote thing that I could think of is some sort of skin bends, or (i'm reaching here) some sort of gas grade sensivity but that should show up in other areas instead of bruises. I forgot to mention they called DAN and they was clueless.

I did mention to them that I have also witnesses skin sensivities to the water conditions but it was more of a rash and it wasn't localized.

Ed

Maybe they had less than 21% of o2 and did get type I DCS… just joking.
Maybe an allergy or reaction to something in the water, to their diving gear…

Diving nitrox doesn’t mean that you can not get DCS.

It remembers me a woman in Egypt :sheik: :
Some people wanted to put her in recompression therapy because she had some gelley-fish related coetaneous reaction….
They thought she had type I DCS. :tease:

fa:):):)

Back
Top Bottom