Buddy- Belize or Bay Islands Feb/Mar 2003

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It looks like I will be in either Belize or Honduras (actually both) in late February (21-28) and early March (1-7 or 1-14). Will be working aboard a Lindblad ship for the month before that and will have some experience diving Lighthouse Reef and the Bay Islands off the ship.

I would like to dive both areas and would enjoy having a diver to travel with. I'm a backpacker type diver and am looking at staying at the Rose Hotel on Utila and diving with Deep Blue (?) if I go there.

Would consider other options as well.

Dr. Bill

Dr Bill,
We stayed at Mango in March and were very happy with it. Nice restaurant at least and you should try it out wherever you stay. It's off the main drag up Monkey Tail Road instead of along the waterfront and nice and quiet as a result.

Not being much of a party animal, I can't say whether Rose Hotel is or not. Sounded good from the recommendation for Utila lodging in a thread where I asked where to stay and who to dive with. Deep Blue was who we were going to dive with. Going to Belize and Cuba (shhhhh) now.

BTW - If you go, try to arrange it around the full moon for whaleshark sightings or at the new moon. Our UDC dive boat captain said that was a good time to find 'em as well.
=Terry

Oops, my trip down there is THIS year (2004) not last year so I'm still open for suggestions.

Dr. Bill

hey Dr. Bill, have you sorted anything for march?- I am looking for something to do early march time, and have been thinking about roatan or similar- pm me or post up your current plans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom