Buddy Dive back to Excellent!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

designbysue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Two years ago I posted a question to ask if any others had noticed a decline in the services at Buddy Dive in Bonaire. A small group of us had stayed there for a week and were treated very poorly by the dive staff. Well I am here to tell you they definitely are still the primo dive resort that they have been! One of my buddies wrote them a letter to explain the problems we experienced and after a discussion with the ownership at Beneath the Sea last year, they gave us a sweet deal to return. We went at the end of January and I what to tell everyone that we had a fantastic time and all of the staff were polite and very accommodating. The owners added my buddy's comments to others he had received the the person that had caused the most problems for us on our previous visit is no longer employed by Buddy Dive. The diving was great as aways and we will definitely put Buddy back on our list of places to return to. Thank you to the management for listening to your customers - it has really paid off!

Have they ever fixed the water pressure issue in the rooms? It seemed to be a long standing joke. Pressure was great at the dock/gear area, but non existent in the rooms (and we had a ground floor room).

Water pressure didn't seem to be a problem for us - though they did have a problem with the drains. But they worked on it when we told them (even had a truck there to pump out the system in the evening).

My son and I stayed at Buddy last summer and will return this summer if we can work it around his university and work schedule. I had absolutely no complaints about any aspect of the stay. They are not luxury accommodations but they were good enough for the price. I highly recommend it.

I just arrived from Buddy and the water pressure wasn't a problem at all. Thumbs Up for this great resort ;-)

How is the wi-fi coverage in the apartments. I was there in 2010, and it was real spotty.

How is the wi-fi coverage in the apartments. I was there in 2010, and it was real spotty.

OK, if I had one complaint, the internet wasn't great. In the room it was almost non-existent, by the restaurant it went from fair to bad. But, I was on a diving vacation and other than checking in with my wife to see how she and my kids were doing, I really didn't want to be checking emails or on the web.

We were in the top floor rooms that are the last before the dive shop one the road that goes to the tank pickup for shore diving (hope that makes sense) and the wi-fi was ok. Not super fast but seemed to be consistent. Can;t say if is was any different that in 2010 but not bad.

Thanks for the replies.

I will be back there in January 2015 .. can't wait!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom