Buddy Dive Dominica Closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't feel sorry for Dominica, they are a big supporter of Venezuela's murderous Maduro dictatorship, where millions of people are starving to death, while Cuban inspired death squads commit mass murder....I do feel sorry for the innocent reef/creatures though.
I really wonder if the people of Dominica "support" what is going on in Venezuela.

I dove with Nature Island Divers once during a cruise ship stop. They had a nice boat, good equipment, great location and people.

We were to go to Dominica last Nov. Ended up in St Lucia. Dove at Castle Comfort many years ago. Loved the diving and the afternoon hikes. Was looking forward to returning.
Donnah - Sorry to hear you weren't able to visit Dominica last year. Fort Young Hotel is currently open and is thrilled to welcome divers from around the world. Dominica still remains one of the premier bucket-list diving destinations, and Fort Young Hotel's dive concierge, along with Dive Dominica, can help visitors arrange once-in-a-lifetime dive experiences. Please reach out to our dive concierge if interested in rescheduling your visit to the island: dive@fortyounghotel.com

Dominica was on my hopefully someday list; the option to use Buddy Dive, a known name brand, was a nice option. So basically the hurricane wiped out all 3 dive boats and the financials of rebuilding just didn't add up for them. They were partnered with Ft. Young Hotel. So a couple of questions come up:

1.) Will another dive op. be taking over at Ft. Young? The Buddy Dive/Ft. Young partnership essentially offered sort of a 'dive resort' option that made it easier to plan a trip; people didn't have to research/plan dive op. & hotel separately. You could get a package deal. Will that continue to be the case?

2.) When Buddy Dive leaves, who becomes the reputable 'go-to' dive op. on Dominica?

Richard

Richard - Fort Young Hotel is open and is thrilled to welcome divers from around the world. Dominica still remains one of the premier bucket-list diving destinations, and Fort Young Hotel's dive concierge, along with Dive Dominica, can help visitors arrange once-in-a-lifetime dive experiences. Please reach out to our dive concierge if interested in planning a diving trip: dive@fortyounghotel.com

Sad to hear BD will not be back. Dominica was the most colorful, healthy and diverse reefs we’ve ever dove and the people were just as lovely. I hear even the Champagne reef is covered in logs and debris currently... heartbreaking. I do expect it to recover eventually but it will require alot of help. This is an excellent opportunity for some diver “volun-tourism” for anyone/any group able to do so.
Fort Young Hotel is currently offering a "voluntourism" program involving local dives. Our dive concierge can help arrange an experience: dive@fortyounghotel.com

Very sad to hear, Dominica has been on my list for years, unfortunately have not made it yet

We'd be honored to have you visit Fort Young Hotel and arrange a dive experience for you. Dominica still remains one of the premier bucket-list diving destinations, and Fort Young Hotel's dive concierge, along with Dive Dominica, can arrange a once-in-a-lifetime dive experience. Please reach out to our dive concierge if interested: dive@fortyounghotel.com

Been wanting to return for a week since our one day off the cruise ship 7 years ago. Almost went about 4 years ago but they had a big rain up in the mountains that flooded all the rivers did lots of damage. Returned last April on cruise ship and dove with Nature Island Dive again. They have accomodations behind their shop with a decent view. We are more interested in staying in the little community at the end of the road at Scotts Head.
Have tried twice to go in the fall but storms prevented it. Next year we are aiming at going early spring to avoid storms. Water was 86F both times we went on the cruise ships, compared to 82F in Bonaire in Oct, and 84F in Cozumel in July. I'm cold at 81F and at 86F had to let water in at the neck many times, I dive 5 mil everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom