Buddy Dive Internet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How does it work? Near the rooms? Only in one place? Fee?

TIA?

http://www.buddydive.com/en/faq.html

Q: Is there Internet Access available to the guests?
A: Yes, we have an Internet Kiosk available at the Front Office for your use. All you need do is purchase a "time card" and you are on your way! We also have wireless internet in our Pool bar and breakfast area if you have your own laptop with you. You can purchase a login code and a password at our Front Office.

You have to pay. We paid by the week. We got reception in the room both time we have been but signal strength is better at the pool bar.

Yup, saw the FAQ on their page. But was wondering how far the signal reached etc. What was the cost for a week?

I was there late April. The name of their network changed during that week (4-20 - 4-27-13), and the signal got a little stronger I think. I don't remember my room # off-hand, but signal strength was really poor at my room; I needed to stop out on a balcony to get use. I paid for a week, and they gave me a code that could be used on 2 devices, so my iPhone and my wife's iPad. We were a pretty good ways from the Pool Bar, which is where the signal was strong.

I don't think I had to pay for it, because of the time of year. Buddy's site has a downloadable PDF of their room and package rates, and that's where I read about it if memory serves.

Richard.

Yup, saw the FAQ on their page. But was wondering how far the signal reached etc. What was the cost for a week?

It was like $40 for a week. The first time we were in a 1 bedroom near the pool bar and the second time a 2 BR near the other pool. Both had decent reception in the room.

It was like $40 for a week. The first time we were in a 1 bedroom near the pool bar and the second time a 2 BR near the other pool. Both had decent reception in the room.

We were there last week and the WiFi code was given to us free. We were in room 704 near north pool. Very weak signal in room.

We were there in late April the same week as drichguy, but at Habitat. I used the buddy wireless as scabatats was down several days--there was a notice as to "now free"!! Little signal over by the locked gate between the 2, but we walked over to the front Buddy desk and no problem..........free nitrox, free wifi, what's next--free diving!! free lunch!!!

I just found this thread because i was looking for the same info. I see the link that diversteve shared (above) still works, but the info at that link has been updated, and the internet is now indeed free.
"we have a desk top computer with internet & Skype installed next to the front desk for complimentary guest use. We also have wireless internet in our Poolbar and breakfast area if you have your own laptop or other device with you. Each guest is given complimentary wifi for one device with a code that can be picked-up at the front desk."
yahoo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom