Budget Accommodation In Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JayEx

New
Reaction score
I will be going to phuket later this month and I am looking for budget accomodation to stay in. Anyone who has been there before, do give me your recommendations, reviews, comments and contact (if possible) of the place that you had previously stayed in. Thanks!

I just left Phuket a few days ago. I stayed one night in Karon Beach at "Karon Place". It was nice, clean, and had a nice pool. Price was 1600 bhat, or about $40 US. After staying on the liveaboard, I stayed in Patong Beach, at the "Patong Street Inn", which was 1500 bhat, or about $37.50 US. It wasn't quite as nice as Karon Place and no pool. Karon Beach is a very small town, whereas Patong Beach was quite large. Another person from the LOB was staying somewhere for 1000 bhat (about $25 US) but I don't know the details (name or quality). I believe there are less expensive places, but I don't know where.

JayEx:
I will be going to phuket later this month and I am looking for budget accomodation to stay in. Anyone who has been there before, do give me your recommendations, reviews, comments and contact (if possible) of the place that you had previously stayed in. Thanks!

JayEx - budget accommodation si so readily available. I recommend that when you arrive you go directly to Karon, Kata or Kata Noi beaches and have a look around. If you prefer a more hectic atmosphere go to Patong. At least this way you can see what you prefer and you would be able to negotiate prices then. For example along the southern end of Kata Beach there are many bungalow establishments with lovely views overlooking the sea. The establishment owners do not book in advance as most of them prefer to deal on a first come first served basis. Also most of them do not have websites and do not book over the net. Prices ranging from 200 - 1000 baht per day depending on your requirements. One excellent value for money establishment is the Kata Rock Inn Seaview: aircon rooms with bathroom and toilet en suite, hot water, refrigerator, satellite TV, daily cleaning services, stunning views and 2 minutes from the beach. Prices about 800 baht per day!Other similar establishments in the area are the Da Bungalows (ask or Mr Da), Coolbreeze, Friendship and Flamingo bungalows. If you prefer to go to a quieter area - go for Kata Noi and look up Tap Kaew Bungalows at the end of the street on the hillside overlooking Kata Noi beach. Hope this helps...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom