Building a dedicated shore diving trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a 7x14 trailer for my training business. It carries all the equipment I need to teach public safety diving, ice and surface water rescue , and swiiftwater rescue. The floor and rear door has a coating similar to the paint on truck bed liner.
8D0A5187-55B5-4A6D-A7A5-A95BF95C3A88_1_105_c.jpeg 391656AA-C0DB-48F9-8EC6-4D1540FB136F_1_105_c.jpeg

I would be careful about going large on the trailer. There are dive sites that would be difficult to access while towing. A larger trailer trailer would make that even more challenging.

I would be careful about going large on the trailer. There are dive sites that would be difficult to access while towing. A larger trailer trailer would make that even more challenging.

Agreed. For the OP’s purposes...my thought was a 5’x8’. Yes...not that much bigger than a 4’x6’, but the extra width gives you a bit of maneuvering space and the extra 2’ allows for a good amount of additional storage space.

How about a horse box. With a bit of work makes a great dive trailer.
Those are kind of expensive. Their website says they start at a mere $76,000.00

Those are kind of expensive. Their website says they start at a mere $76,000.00

That’s all? While we’re at it... I thought this trailer that the USCG brought to the quarry recently was an adequate size. Definitely not going to feel cramped maneuvering around in this one. Want to bring an extra chair or a couple quads? No problem.:popcorn:

FE00D89A-B952-4194-B5A7-35028496B0FC.jpeg

I use a 7x14 trailer for my training business. It carries all the equipment I need to teach public safety diving, ice and surface water rescue , and swiiftwater rescue. The floor and rear door has a coating similar to the paint on truck bed liner.
View attachment 615384 View attachment 615385

I was thinking about bed liner... do the floor and the entirety of the walls and door for good measure.

Never going to be teaching... sticking with my DM status. Too much paperwork when you make instructor :wink:

That’s all? While we’re at it... I thought this trailer that the USCG brought to the quarry recently was an adequate size. Definitely not going to feel cramped maneuvering around in this one. Want to bring an extra chair or a couple quads? No problem.:popcorn:

View attachment 615436

The military dive team shows up at our local training lake every so often with a full truck that looks similar to the RCMP's... always have a "If I won the lottery" moment when I see it.

UnderwaterDive1.jpg

A few years ago I bought a 53 ft used semi trailer. It had been a reefer unit so had insulated walls. I converted it into a construction site office trailer, but it would had made a great diving trailer with room for sleeping, shower, washroom, cooking etc.

It was only $CDN 6,000 prior to conversation to but but kinda difficult for the average guy to haul around.

Back
Top Bottom