Bulk scuba hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nostromo

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get bulk scuba hose and fittings? Is there a serious difference between "real" scuba hose and fittings (48 bucks for seven feet) and the stuff you get at the hardware store (30 cents a foot plus fittings)? This would be strictly for air use, not EAN or high percentage O2 gas. What about the high pressure SPG hose? Any ideas?

thanks,
e.a.e.

A friend of mine was looking into buying some air compressor hose to build his own SNUBA system. We did some research and there is a standard (can't remember the name of it anymore) for breathing hoses.

There's a website "Mar-vel" is the company (I think) where you can get bulk hosing for cheaper than the price you quoted.

I beleive the standard is the European EN-250, as marked on most hoses.

whitedragon13:
A friend of mine was looking into buying some air compressor hose to build his own SNUBA system. We did some research and there is a standard (can't remember the name of it anymore) for breathing hoses.

There's a website "Mar-vel" is the company (I think) where you can get bulk hosing for cheaper than the price you quoted.

Nostromo:
I beleive the standard is the European EN-250, as marked on most hoses.

There's an American standard as well, just can't think of it. If you're building a snuba, let me know how it turns out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom