Bummer!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek S:
Good.

How long you out of commission for?

depends on what out of commision means.

I'll probably be back to work next Wednesday, but just telling everyone else what to do.
Out of the water?? probably won't be handling tanks for 3 to 4 months.
he said recovery time of 4-6 months so I'm hoping to be diving singles by Demo Days, maybe doubles by the 4rth of July trip to Dutch

Tavi:
depends on what out of commision means.

I'll probably be back to work next Wednesday, but just telling everyone else what to do.
Out of the water?? probably won't be handling tanks for 3 to 4 months.
he said recovery time of 4-6 months so I'm hoping to be diving singles by Demo Days, maybe doubles by the 4rth of July trip to Dutch

All phases.

Well, you take however long you need to. I want a buddy back at 100%, not a buddy who is at 75% because he rushed to get back in the water. Capishe? :D

Understood, once I'm mostly healed being in the pool won't be the problem. Handling tanks would be a problem out of the water. I don't plan on doing any open water diving til I'm 100%.

Tavi:
Understood, once I'm mostly healed being in the pool won't be the problem. Handling tanks would be a problem out of the water. I don't plan on doing any open water diving til I'm 100%.

Pool work is good. I need to get some in myself.

Hey, it's a team sport remember, that's what I'm here for. :D

Cool. :14:

Rick, we can all help lugging tanks for you if needed!! That's what buddies are for. Pool time sounds good!

UPDATE:
Saw my surgeon today for a follow up. They pulled my staples and stitches, took off my splint and fitted me with a brace that restricts motion of my elbow. The Doc said my tendon was shredded!! The bicep muscle was retracting and stiffening up. He said it's a good thing we didn't wait any longer.

He also said it will be a long time before I get full use/strength of my arm back.

I almost want my splint back!! It hurts like hell!!

I will be starting therapy soon.

The good news. I can drive if the weather's not bad, and I can return to work as long as all I do, is tell everyone else what to do. Absolutely NO Lifting!! (I don't think I could if I wanted to!!)

Gee, the job part sounds good!!! Make sure you do whatever therapy they tell you. Derek and I can play Tank Monkey if needed.

This physical therapy stuff is painfull!!

On a more positive note, I was there last Thursday, then today. My therapist said she has never seen anyone with my injury/surgery regain their range of motion as quickly as I have. :D

It's hard to believe how painful, and difficult some of the simplest movents can be!!

mantra to self: work hard, dive soon, work hard, dive soon, work hard, dive soon.........

Physical therary is what's going to get you in the water quicker!! Again the No Pain No Gain moto!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom