bungee length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

How long a bungee do I need to order if I get one of the wrist mounts? Are they different for each mount? Looking at bottom timer mount, aeris compass mount and aeris atmos mount (does that mount fit atmos pro?)

Hi,

How long a bungee do I need to order if I get one of the wrist mounts? Are they different for each mount? Looking at bottom timer mount, aeris compass mount and aeris atmos mount (does that mount fit atmos pro?)

We recommend 3 ft for one mount or 5 ft for two.

Tobin

Should I go with 1/8" or 3/16" bungee?

I want to rig the gauge mounts to have adjustability for a dive skin up to 7mm wetsuit and drysuit.

Thinking about using this method to get the adjustability. http://h2ogeek.com/misc/sk7boot/

I got the boot mount and bungee. Ran 4 loops for the bungee. It seems very hard to stretch these bungees, espcially running 4 loops. What I user adjustability is I took off one of those things with a hole thru it and a spring loaded knob on weatherproof jackets where it holds tight the bunge once you pull it tight, then put 2 ends of the bungee thru it, one with the knot butted up against that holder and I just pull one end of the bungee. That holder will be held close to the boot by the other end's knot. I also put some of those small knob things at the end of the bungee with the knot inside that knob so it won't undo itself.

Also, the boot seem to have a very sharp edge, make it uncomfortable to put on (especially with the bungee doing 4 loops). I will probably file the edge so it is rounder.

Buy extra bungee cord. It is cheap and has many dive uses you have yet to realized. It's the ducktape of the dive world!

The wrist mounts are cheap. I just got two, one set up for the dry suit, one for the wet suit. It's easier just to move the computer than to mess around trying to resize the bungees.

I got the boot mount and bungee. Ran 4 loops for the bungee. It seems very hard to stretch these bungees, espcially running 4 loops.

4 loops? Why not two loops. I've never seen 4 loops around a wrist for one mount. The 5/32 bungee we offer stretches pretty easily.

What I user adjustability is I took off one of those things with a hole thru it and a spring loaded knob on weatherproof jackets where it holds tight the bunge once you pull it tight, then put 2 ends of the bungee thru it, one with the knot butted up against that holder and I just pull one end of the bungee. That holder will be held close to the boot by the other end's knot. I also put some of those small knob things at the end of the bungee with the knot inside that knob so it won't undo itself.

Most springs are spring steel, not the best for a marine environment

Also, the boot seem to have a very sharp edge, make it uncomfortable to put on (especially with the bungee doing 4 loops). I will probably file the edge so it is rounder.

The mounts are essentially rubber, how do you make a "sharp edge" with rubber? BTW a file won't do much.

Tobin

4 loops? Why not two loops. I've never seen 4 loops around a wrist for one mount. The 5/32 bungee we offer stretches pretty easily.
LOL, yeah, I just ran as many loops as I can with the bungee, which is 4. Thus there wasn't enough length to really lengthen it for it to slip out of my wrist, thus trying to use the stretchiness of the bungee, but with 4 loops, that is pretty high force to overcome. I changed to 2. When I had 4, the start and end were basically right next to each other, so one end of the bungee tightener could be held in place by one bungee while I pulled the other. But 2 is really easy to put on and tighten the slack (unlike 4)

Most springs are spring steel, not the best for a marine environment
Yeah, if it rust, I will get ones from lanyards that I have around.

The mounts are essentially rubber, how do you make a "sharp edge" with rubber? BTW a file won't do much.

Tobin
With 2 loops, there is plenty of slack now, so the sharp edges are a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom