Bungee mount for Petrel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I do but will try Stuart's way as the excess straps flopping around sometimes irritates me. I need the extra length moving from wet to dry and Stuart's way looks like it will solve that minor irritation. It's raining here today with strong winds so no diving, it's my afternoon project.
That's the same reason I don't cut the straps and it is an irritant though I usually have some success tucking them under. Then again I typically have the Petrel mounted on a wrist slate the rare occassions I am in a drysuit so I really should just cut them.

Anyone have an idea where to get spare straps just in case?

Perfect. Those flapping straps will be history soon.

You can solve the "flapping straps" by using an o-ring to capture the excess strap.

That's what I do but will try Stuart's way as the excess straps flopping around sometimes irritates me. I need the extra length moving from wet to dry and Stuart's way looks like it will solve that minor irritation. It's raining here today with strong winds so no diving, it's my afternoon project.

I too couldn't stand the strap length so I trimmed both. I will try putting eyelets into the 1" strap on both sides and threading the bungee thru that.

I've threaded bungee loops into the slots, then sewed climbing tape to ease donning. I can attach a pic if someone is interested.

IMG_20151113_211724.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect. Those flapping straps will be history soon.

I've also solved the flappy straps by using 1" tubular webbing. I just stuff the loose end into it. My wife puts a stitch in so it doesn't pull out, but it is easy to change quickly.

Thanks to Stuart, I ended up with this.

IMG_5384.jpgIMG_5383.jpgIMG_5386.JPG

Works fine. Tried in pool but anyone have any idea how to link two ends of the bungee without a knot? I'm using a zip tie on each end of a reef knot. Works great, looks kludgy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom