Bunion surgery?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love that y’all feel so social on this site! I’m just wondering about wearing my fins afterward. I’m only gonna be 3 months out when I make it to my favorite dive destination. I’m wondering if it’s not gonna go well. I’m 6 weeks out now and still have pins in my hammer toe repair I also fixed.

My wife had it Dec 31 2020 and she's still hobbling around... But at least now she can drive, not using a walker or knee roller and not in the boot anymore. She's wearing a big toe separator... The doc told me the day of her surgery that she'd be more than ready to scuba or waterski before June 1

I had a bunion and a hammertoe repaired in 1987 or 1988. Now, 33 years later, the bunion huts at times and the hammertoe most of the time. I guess age will do that.

I had a bunion and a hammertoe repaired in 1987 or 1988. Now, 33 years later, the bunion huts at times and the hammertoe most of the time. I guess age will do that.

+1 Don, it's now 2021 18 years later, the bunion callous is back and sometimes it hurts but not as bad as it did pre-op. I am only now developing a hammer toe but I can still ignore it....for now.

I love that y’all feel so social on this site! I’m just wondering about wearing my fins afterward. I’m only gonna be 3 months out when I make it to my favorite dive destination. I’m wondering if it’s not gonna go well. I’m 6 weeks out now and still have pins in my hammer toe repair I also fixed.

Your surgeon would be the best person to ask that question of. Three months is long enough for a surgical incision to heal provided you don't have an underlying health issue that would delay it, but depending on exactly what was done, your surgeon may not want you putting that kind of stress on the foot.

Best regards,
DDM

Your surgeon would be the best person to ask that question of. Three months is long enough for a surgical incision to heal provided you don't have an underlying health issue that would delay it, but depending on exactly what was done, your surgeon may not want you putting that kind of stress on the foot.

Best regards,
DDM

:) I asked my surgeon about shore diving and the weight of SCUBA gear post full knee replacement. He told me that walking into the water on a rocky bottom wearing that much weight wasn't a good idea with natural knees! He told me to use my best judgment. I don't think many orthopedic surgeons know much about diving or our gear.

He told me that walking into the water on a rocky bottom wearing that much weight wasn't a good idea with natural knees!
Well, he wasn't wrong there. We do it anyway.

:) I asked my surgeon about shore diving and the weight of SCUBA gear post full knee replacement. He told me that walking into the water on a rocky bottom wearing that much weight wasn't a good idea with natural knees! He told me to use my best judgment. I don't think many orthopedic surgeons know much about diving or our gear.
I’m having a double TKA on Tuesday, how soon did you dive after yours?

the hammertoe most of the time.
That was an exaggeration. Sorry. I don't handle pain well. It hurts at times, as does my cowboy knee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom