Buoyancy Compensator on a commercial harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5858diver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just saw the strangest thing and it made me wonder. There was a video of a company workin in willy wilson harnesses with wing BC bladders screwed though the rubber backplate to them doing hard hat work. Do any of you guys do this, I know Atlantic diving in making commercial harnesses with stainless steel back plates and the ridiculously expensive h2 aqualung harnesses say you can mount there donut balder to them. When i do commercial scuba work I usually just were a bell harness under a recreational BC set up we use the bell harness for recovery and an attachment point for the comm rope. What i am wondering do any of you think its fressable and a good idea to just mount the BC to the willy wilson and dump having to have a separate bc and bell harness.

It depends on the job and rig. Jobs like piling inspection are easier with finely tuned buoyancy. Or when you need to go from positive to move heavy tools to negative to operate them. It can save a lot of rigging on jobs that cover larger areas.

Gross buoyancy control was an inherent feature of the old heavy gear/deep sea rigs -- like +150 Lbs to -50 Lbs. by inflating/deflating the suit. Pretty touchy for mid-water work without a hog line but great for working on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom