Buoyancy for tray set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am asking the same question my self these days but I guess stix is more versatile as you can balance and adjust for many different configurations.

I prefer float arms because I'm not confident in the Stix holding up at deeper depths. It does mean that my rig is a little heavy when I switch from the dome to macro and lose all that volume, but I suppose if it was material I'd just supplement with a stix, but I'd still prefer the bulk of the buoyancy to be carbon fiber floats. It hasn't really been a problem though.

... or you can DIY using rigid foam and really customize your rig.

Attachments

• FE40B966-9878-4286-AD16-C053ADA6138B.jpeg
    FE40B966-9878-4286-AD16-C053ADA6138B.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 256
I recently replaced my Stix with float arms and am getting more buoyancy out of the same size. Amazon has some really affordable ones.

I had a well known photographer/resort manager tell me you have to be pretty selective with float arms. He said some don't hold up and start to leak? People had experience with this? They are expensive for that kind of failure to happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom