Burning the O2 clock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off topic...but should this person be doing deco dives,or would I want to buddy with them. There are many things that increase your sensitivity to toxing such as medications etc,but if you are experiencing symptoms then this should be a warning that you got out alive this time,but maybe not the next.

I certainly would be cautious, but on the other hand for all I know she might have:
  1. had nausea or something like that a few times on deco,
  2. didn't know for sure it was CNS/O2 related,
  3. switch to 80% for deco to experiment,
  4. seemed better so she stuck with 80% and never had the issue again.

Of all the risky things in cave/deco diving, sticking with 80% because its working for her seems moderate to me.

From what I understand, she also dives air instead of 32% because of sensitivity to O2. I'm not positive, but I think the response was nausea and nothing worse. I know she was diving quite a bit before she left the area and didn't have any more issues with the mixes she chose to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom