Buying BCD on DiveInn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First post - I am in the market for a new BCD and am looking at the Scubapro Seahawk 2 or the Mares Bolt. I found both on DiveInn (out of Spaine) at much cheaper rates than what I am finding in the US, but I would need to ship to the US. Anybody have an idea how much I need to factor in for customs duties when they arrive?

Thanks!

US customs rarely cares if it comes in USPS. getting gear shipped from europe is mainly a question of whether they are prohibited from doing so by their dealer agreement.

Thanks! Seems like a legit online shop with steep discounts. Might just try them.

I know a few people who have had issues with DiveInn.
One guy bought an expensive primary light and they sent a much worse crap quality light, he was offered to return it and get the right one sent instead.
He returned it (paid for return shipping himself too) and never heard back.
There are A LOT of other serious EU shops.

Another benefit of buying from a US shop is how much easier handling potential warranty issues will be.
You do not want to have to deal with a company half across the world trying to get something replaced if it breaks...

Thanks for that. These are big buys for me so I'd rather not take a risk. What other shops would you recommend in the EU?

Often EU shops are not allowed to ship to the US or they lose their dealer status as such it can be hard to find reputable ones that will.

Thanks for that. These are big buys for me so I'd rather not take a risk. What other shops would you recommend in the EU?
Only shop I've used outside of my country is Simplyscuba, they have been absolutely excellent.
Their Youtube videos on their products are good too.

It will be difficult to believe that EU stores can sell and ship SP products directly to US based customers without at least having an issue with the warranty. I believe that EU stores don't/won't ship SP products to the US.

Even if they would, did you think of what you will do if you have any type of an issue with the product and you will need a dealer's assistance to take care of the issue?

The selection on diveinn changes with the country selected for shipping (top left area of the screen iirc).

If you choose a european country to ship to and search certain products and then change to US for shippjng you will sometimes find the item is not only no longer available but also not searchable unless you change the country selection to a country they can ship the item to.

-Z

It will be difficult to believe that EU stores can sell and ship SP products directly to US based customers without at least having an issue with the warranty. I believe that EU stores don't/won't ship SP products to the US.

Even if they would, did you think of what you will do if you have any type of an issue with the product and you will need a dealer's assistance to take care of the issue?
My understanding is if product did not go thru US distributor then no warranty as the distributor is responsible for any claims on defects. Why should a distributor back a warranty issue when they did not put their markup on it ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom