Buying gear online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be aware that you may have a problem if you buy a regulator in pieces and ask your local dive shop to put it all together for you.

If you buy new stuff, you should not need to have it inspected. A pool session for your own familiarization would be a good idea.

Be aware that you may have a problem if you buy a regulator in pieces and ask your local dive shop to put it all together for you.

If you buy new stuff, you should not need to have it inspected. A pool session for your own familiarization would be a good idea.
Yea I was wondering about that. I would just take it to a different DS I guess. And say it was gift

I buy almost everything online. Nearest dive shop is an hour drive away from me.

BCDs are slightly adjustable and should fit OK if you use the manufacturers size guidelines unless you have an unusual body shape.

Divers Supply and Divers Direct are running end of summer sales now. If you can wait for Black Friday, most online scuba dealers have big sales that day (or week)
Yea I’m looking at scuba set now on divers supply. Cressi START-ER. Pretty adorable looks good and I have watched and read tons of reviews. Seems to be a good set to get started with

Purchases:

At dive shop:

BCD
Reg (both stages) and octo
First dive light
First set of fins
Dive knife
Dive boots
Mask (first and second)
Suunto Zoop/SPG/Compass console
Dive bag
Whistle (I think I got it at the store)
Retractable lanyards

Online purchases:

Second set of fins
Second and third dive lights
Nautilus lifeline
Mirror
DSMB (two) and spool
Marker light
Shearwater Perdix AI (and transmitter)
GoPro and 360 camera

I know I'm forgetting some things here, but I'm pretty touchy feely about fit. The eBay purchase of the Force Fins was a bit of a one off. That's because I wouldn't be able to get them at a LDS and I really didn't want to spend full price. The LDS that sold me the dive knife and BCD gave me a great rate that I couldn't have beat online (I checked after the purchase). If it's not a "fit" type thing, then I'm buying it online or as an impulse purchase.

Last edited:
Road trip? It's literally your closest dive superstore - comparable to Leisurepro. Plus they don't try to oversell you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom