Bvi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chaseh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have any suggestions for dive friendly resorts in the BVI? I know the diving can be very good but not sure which resorts run good opperations without being too pricey.

Hi ChaseH
Welcome to scuba board. When you say BVI do you mean Tortola and Virgin Gorda? If so, www.divebvi.com is very good in Virgin Gorda. Prospect Reef Resort has www.Baskininthesun.com on Tortola. ...ou can also go to [url]www.scubadirectory.com for more info.
Hope that helped.

If you want to dive in the BVI, I HIGHLY recommand you go out with UBS (http://www.scubabvi.com). I got my certification with them and dive with them on a regulare basis and can tell you they are great people to go out with. They're VERY safety contious, and anyone who takes you out on the water will be a dive master with 10 or more year experiance diving in the area.

Their pricing is resonable (2 boat dives for somewhere around $100 USD if you have all your own equiptment) and they have any and all equiptment you might need to rent. They don't operate a resort but they can get you a good price on rooms at the nearby Tamarind Club (http://www.tamarindclub.com).

Hope that helped :)

No recommendations on dive ops, as we stayed in the US VI.
But, I highly recommend that you make sure to dive the RMS Rhone (which is in the BVI). We've done lots of wreck dives in the FL keys, and elsewhere, and this was BY FAR our favorite wreck dive.
Have fun!
Scuba Legs

Ya, the Rhone is cool. If you're diving in the BVI I think its required by law that you do the Rhone..heh :wink:

I've done it twice myself once during the day (we managed to dive the whole wreck in 1 dive, most people do it in 2) and once at night. The night dive on it was spectacular, so much sea life comes out at night that you don't normally see there during the day. If you're going to be diving in the BVI for a few days you should get a both a day and night dive in on the Rhone.

Another good wreck to dive is the Biata. Its a tug boat that the dive operators of the BVI sank. They cleared it out so is safe to go into (no bits you could get hung up on). Its also very close to the wrecks of the Mary L and the Pat so you can dive all 3 in one dive.

All the wrecks in the BVI are good, but none of them are very big, with the exception of the Rhone and the only one that I havn't done the Chikuzen. Its a 245ft refrigeration vessel that was set on fire by the owners who figured it would sink right away. It didn't, it drifted from St. Marteen to the BVI and finally sunk about 12 miles off Virgin Gorda.. Sounds like a great dive because its surrounded by sand and its the only place for the sea life to congragate in the area so apparently its teaming with life :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom