BX2 Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This is just a note to tell the positives of an experience.

Mrs Flush bought me one of their handheld lights this past Christmas that have dove about 20 times.
While diving in PCB last weekend it just quit. Thought maybe a seal had busted and flooded it. Once back on the surface, I looked and it was dry.

When I got back home on Monday I sent Dive Rite a short note telling them about this and within 20 minutes of sending them an email they had answered my email with a return authorization form. I sent the light out the following day and I just received email confirmation that a replacement is on it's way back.

THIS is how customer service is done! I am quick to tell a company when their customer service sucks so I like to also let them know when they knock it out of the park. ANY company can react well to a possible warranty issue for items that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars but how a company reacts when there is an issue with a low ticket item really tells the tale in my book!

@Anthony A. I love the light. Very bright and easy to stow/carry. When you first get it and plug it in to charge it will take 24-48 hours to fully charge the battery all the way, but after that it has only needed maintenance charging.

@Saniflush
Thanks for your experience. What about the twist on/off. Is it the same portion of the light that you twist on/off where the battery goes or is it higher up on the head of the light near the glass? I've always found lights with twist on/off where the battery goes to be hard to gauge just how much to turn on when underwater and not twist it open too much and get flooded. Some lights have a separate twist at the top of the light which makes it much better and no way to flood.

It is the same twist but you would REALLY have to twist it a lot to break the seal and flood it. Going from memory but I want to say that there are 4-5 threads of turn. My regular dive buddy (Mrs Flush) is notorious for not understanding leftie loosie rightie tightie and has yet to unscrew it enough to flood before realizing she was turning it the wrong way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom