Bye Bye caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'boo' on bye-bye to caves, 'yay' on the recharge! i just hope it's back to normal-ish by 1st weekend in oct...'yay' megadive!

i just wish we'd had some of that rain up here in eastern nc. but i'm glad not over this past weekend, because i was diving offshore.

Marcie:
Ginnie will be just fine !!! (smile)
If nothing else , you just pop in the Eye if you don't like going under the tarp.
Of course , that assumes that NO OTHER BIG STORM comes in and dumps a ton more rain on us (EEK)

Jean

highflow, they go out almost every year, but i think it's more often in late winter early spring.

yeah, jean, i'm hoping for not as much rain this megadive as the last one i was at... can't wait!

P.S. Another friend of mine said there was river intrusion in the White Room at Ginnie so even the Sante Fe is getting in on the act. (UFFDA) :11::shakehead:

Jeano,
Our friend told me that same thing today, however they are going in again tonight, so I am hoping for a good report. I would love to get wet this weekend from something other than rain!!!!

Is this an unusual year for 'blowouts'? How much longer do you guys think it will be before the caves are good again? Kal

This has actually been a more normal year. We got spring rains that caused some flooding,and a tropical event in late summer. This is fairly common to what we used to see,the caves being divable in the spring is unusual.

It's a big gathering at Ginnie Springs the first weekend of October. People from all over Florida, Georgia, and Alabama usually show up.

Jeano,
Our friend told me that same thing today, however they are going in again tonight, so I am hoping for a good report. I would love to get wet this weekend from something other than rain!!!!

Ginnie DOES have some tanic water in it (did a dive there Wed Eve) but the flow is DOWN !

So if you don't mind a bit of Tanic with your water , it's a nice dive right now. :D

The only worry about Ginnie is if the Devils parking lot goes under water. Turkey roost is under right now. If we don't get any more rain for a bit , it should drop.

Tanx!
Jean

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom