C53

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coz is not much of a spring break destination tho so hotels should be low enough, nortes are past, and air is less than $300 to/from Cancun or less than $400 for Coz.

Au contraire! It's as busy or busier than Christmas or Carnival. It's not a Spring Break PARTY destination, but it's a popular time to travel as a winter break when people's kids are out of school. AI's especially book up during Spring Break and Easter weeks.

We already have several reservations for Spring Break weeks and I suspect we will fill up by the end of January for those time slots. We have some with standing reservations for those weeks as some new to us divers :)

All depends on the dive. Every dive is enjoyable. It all depends on your attitude! This was one of may photos taken on dives at C53
35748074_10156433908834730_2790128394635837440_o.jpg

If I remember right, there is or was an eel garden near the wreck that's pretty fun to check out as well.

All depends on the dive. Every dive is enjoyable. It all depends on your attitude! This was one of may photos taken on dives at C53View attachment 492717

Now that is very cool. Despite my general disdain for the C53 wreck dive, if I thought I had a decent chance to see a long nosed batfish there, I’d insist on doing that dive at least once every trip.

Au contraire! It's as busy or busier than Christmas or Carnival. It's not a Spring Break PARTY destination, but it's a popular time to travel as a winter break when people's kids are out of school. AI's especially book up during Spring Break and Easter weeks.
Ok, so color me corrected - again. TPA-CZM is still available for $345 RT - with better arrival times each way than I can get, and my new favorite hotel happens to be for $34/night - or there's fancier or AI available elsewhere, but you won't get garden turtles. :p

Now that is very cool. Despite my general disdain for the C53 wreck dive, if I thought I had a decent chance to see a long nosed batfish there, I’d insist on doing that dive at least once every trip.
I guess those batfish are found elsewhere in the channel, if we can find them. They do blend in so well tho. :shakehead:

Ok, so color me corrected - again. TPA-CZM is still available for $345 RT - with better arrival times each way than I can get, and my new favorite hotel happens to be for $34/night - or there's fancier or AI available elsewhere, but you won't get garden turtles. :p

I guess those batfish are found elsewhere in the channel, if we can find them. They do blend in so well tho. :shakehead:
Wow that's an incredible airfare price. Almost half what I paid for my last trip!

Wow that's an incredible airfare price. Almost half what I paid for my last trip!
Yep, it's better than I can get from Lubbock or Amarillo. It's with Aeromexico - on Delta planes, with a changes in Atlanta each way, but I see no problems. Can't beat Matrix for air shopping. Funny how the same planes, same times & flights exactly booked thru Delta is twice as much.

0.JPG

Compared to...

1.JPG

I seen flight from Miami to Cancun for 88 or 98 one way!

I seen flight from Miami to Cancun for 88 or 98 one way!
I used to be real down on the bag drag. However, having traveled to Cancun for a whale shark trip I think I may have been overly concerned. Parking in Miami for a week might be a hurdle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom