Cabilao Bohol - still one of the most amazing reefs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juergen_187

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's been 7 years since I last dived the stunning reefs of Cabilao and wondered what they would like like.

And yes, Cabilao is still as diverse, lush and healthy as before, with lots of fish life - from pygmy sea horses to...Mantas!

Here are a few first impressions, thanks for watching!

Great. Now I get to add one more island to my trip planning for November. Who did you stay / dive with on Cabilao? How long would you recommend staying? Is there anything to do on the island for non-diving wife, 17 year old son and 5 year old daughter (who loves to snorkel)?

Hi, I stayed in two places, the Pura Vida on Cabilao and in the Sandingan dive resort (as the name says, that's in Sandingan, quite close to Cabilao). The Pura Vida and I think also the Cabilao sanctuary dive resort are really nice resorts (and they have a beach, the Sandingan resort doesn't have one).

Cabilao itself is rather small and besides diving it's snorkeling, kayaking and....relaxing you can do there. But the main island of Bohol is near and it's absolutely beautiful. The chocolate hills, rice terraces, water falls, Anda beach, the Tarsiers... a lot to explore. It takes a bit time to get to these places, for example from Cabilao to the chocolate hills takes you maybe 2 hours, but it's well worth it. I'd recommend at least 2 day trips to the main island of Bohol. And when you're already there...don't miss diving Panglao Balicasag island. Fantastic! I've been there many times, also just just now right after Cabilao, and it's great: big schools of Jacks, turtles, frog fish, big and healthy corals, good drifts...stay tuned for my next film ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom