• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Cabo san Lucas

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by freewillie, Jan 28, 2016.

1. freewillie

freewillie Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    The most recent threads I searched for are from 2010. My wife has just booked a trip for the end of the year December 2016 for Cabo san Lucas. Does anyone have any experience diving there and any recommendations for a dive operator? Thanks for the input.

2. Hawkwood

Hawkwood MSDT

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
  3. Laurie S.

Laurie S. Assistant Instructor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    We just dived with Manta Scuba there two weeks ago and I highly recommend them. We'll be going back there in August.

4. PARADISE HUNTER

PARADISE HUNTER Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Dove with Dive Cabo recently and not impressed. Set the level of service at the novice diver level. ALL dives ended at 45 minutes on the dot. One dm treated everyone like it was their first time diving. Long, rough boat rides up to Pulmo and Gordo in a boat that was borderline too small for that trip. No division of skill level.

I will say that with the exception of one dm, all the others were nice people. They just had to follow the company business plan and that plan is not for me.

PH

5. djdalite

djdalite Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    more reviews? I might be going next weekend

6. Snoweman

Snoweman Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I know this is a late reply, but if you dove Pulmo, then your dive was regulated by the country, not the air usage. From what I have read, the max dive time in Pulmo is 50 minutes. If the dive folks are capping it at 45, then they are accounting for stragglers that are complaining because they don't know the rules.

7. PARADISE HUNTER

PARADISE HUNTER Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Dive Cabo stopped all dives at 45 minutes the entire trip, including dives made around the Arch and along the corridor. Both areas are no where near Pulmo.

PH