Cabo san Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freewillie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The most recent threads I searched for are from 2010. My wife has just booked a trip for the end of the year December 2016 for Cabo san Lucas. Does anyone have any experience diving there and any recommendations for a dive operator? Thanks for the input.

Dove with Dive Cabo recently and not impressed. Set the level of service at the novice diver level. ALL dives ended at 45 minutes on the dot. One dm treated everyone like it was their first time diving. Long, rough boat rides up to Pulmo and Gordo in a boat that was borderline too small for that trip. No division of skill level.

I will say that with the exception of one dm, all the others were nice people. They just had to follow the company business plan and that plan is not for me.

PH

Dove with Dive Cabo recently and not impressed. Set the level of service at the novice diver level. ALL dives ended at 45 minutes on the dot. One dm treated everyone like it was their first time diving. Long, rough boat rides up to Pulmo and Gordo in a boat that was borderline too small for that trip. No division of skill level.

I will say that with the exception of one dm, all the others were nice people. They just had to follow the company business plan and that plan is not for me.

PH

I know this is a late reply, but if you dove Pulmo, then your dive was regulated by the country, not the air usage. From what I have read, the max dive time in Pulmo is 50 minutes. If the dive folks are capping it at 45, then they are accounting for stragglers that are complaining because they don't know the rules.

I know this is a late reply, but if you dove Pulmo, then your dive was regulated by the country, not the air usage. From what I have read, the max dive time in Pulmo is 50 minutes. If the dive folks are capping it at 45, then they are accounting for stragglers that are complaining because they don't know the rules.

Dive Cabo stopped all dives at 45 minutes the entire trip, including dives made around the Arch and along the corridor. Both areas are no where near Pulmo.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom