Caicos Adventures Has Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronrosa

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
One of my favorite dive operators has just announced they purchased a new nitrox system.

If you have ever dove West Caicos and/or French Cay you already know the walls start fairly deep and dives often end due to NDL oppossed to air limits.

This is great news and closes the gap between land based and liveaboard based diving at Turks and Caicos.

Geezer gas for everyone! I'm taking the course in Grand Turk in January and will be diving the green label in February with Fifi!

I took the class in Nov at GC. I didn't dive it enough to say whether or not I "felt" better compared to air; I did 4 tanks of EAN 32 and 6 air. My point? .... Ndl's obviously are longer, but was there more of a "geezer" benny? ... I'm not sure.

Do take away from your class the importance of limiting O2 tox risk. My instructor told me about a very experienced GC instructor who didn't personally analyze his tank. He thought he was diving EAN 32 and, in fact, had a deco tank w 80% O2 in it. He is lucky to be alive today!!! He was lucky to begin to sense symptoms; he signaled a buddy: he passed out, he woke up a day later in the hospital with a huge "hangover."

The course focus is on avoiding these mistakes ....Don't assume this is a dive two tanks and get your card course....listen well and learn.

I'm looking forward to Fifi's Nitrox on 12/27.

Joe

Nitrox is exactly what Fifi needed to get. Since the reef walls at West Caicos mostly start after 50ft, there were plenty of times I found myself at 80 to 90 which would limit BT. I was wishing for Nitrox on 90 % of my dives :) . My plan is to return in spring of 05 - if it works out , and dive Nitrox with Caicos Adventures.

(':boozer:')(':coke:')
(':cheers:')
A drink to the future!
Caymaniac

jhspb once bubbled...
The course focus is on avoiding these mistakes ....Don't assume this is a dive two tanks and get your card course....listen well and learn.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom