Calculating average depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Southpaw57

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, newly certified open water diver here, looking for some help. For calculating my SAC rate I need to know average depth. I just bought a Cressi Leonardo dive computer, and have the PC software, but I can’t find where it shows you average depth after a dive. Is there a way to calculate or estimated either using the software or manually? Thanks, Craig

Great idea, I will see if that is an option with the Leonardo software

Great idea, I will see if that is an option with the Leonardo software
I own the Leonard too, but I did not buy its interface, so I cannot chech with mine...

I own the Leonard too, but I did not buy its interface, so I cannot chech with mine...

You would think that would be a standard feature on all computers, but apparently not. I probably would have bought a different computer if I had known it wasn't included.

i usually just teach students to mark their pressure, time, and depth. then swim at that depth for at least 10 min. then mark the new pressure. you can use that data to calculate a sac rate. obviously the more you do it, or the longer the time, the better average you will get.

I think it's a free download. There is one thing it does that the alternatives don't: it'll show you the NDL as you step through the log. It being "Cressi RGBM", this is the only way to get it post-dive.

You would think that would be a standard feature on all computers, but apparently not. I probably would have bought a different computer if I had known it wasn't included.

"Average depth" doesn't make that much sense in most contexts, so they don't.

Just get subsurface, download your logs, enter start/end pressure for the dive, and it'll give you SAC/RMV -- however much that is worth without air integration.

I have a giotto. The interface cable is expensive. I don't see anywhere in the Cressi software where you can access avg depth. Subsurface does show it.

Back
Top Bottom