California Beach Diver looking to relocate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you want to relocate where there is a Pharm Tech school or to work as a computer operator?

Also define what you did as a computer operator. Data input, PC repair, Programmer, sys admin, unix, networking, etc...

You might think about Washington State. I've never dived there but they do have some shore diving and the cost of living isn't nearly as bad as here in SoCal.

How adventurous are you? Would you consider outside the US? If so, look into Belize or Costa Rica. Depending on what type of computer work you do, you might be able to work from there. Or, how about US territories, like Guam? Supposedly pretty good diving. Close to spectacular diving in Micronesia and Asia. There are a fair number of jobs you might be able to get working for the US military bases there.

fabasard:
well I guess that would be a good reason not to go there then. But thanks for dissing my otherwise fantastic idea, ROFL, it's all good. Never been there, not invested.

Good idea, just the wrong territory. US Virgin Islands, baby. :dancingsnoopy:

pupdiver:
You might think about Washington State. I've never dived there but they do have some shore diving and the cost of living isn't nearly as bad as here in SoCal.

Dang - That's was my comment about 2 pages ago...

As a computer operator: I monitor, run, and provide help desk support. Another reason to get out of computers. I want to work normal hours Monday thru Friday 9 to 5. I am sick of working nights, weekends, being on call, and having to do more for less. In a sense...I want my life back. Nights are for sleeping like a normal person and weekends are for playing...actually diving.

The idea of leaving the country is bad either. I would just rent my house out. I don't want to sell it for the fact is once you lose your toehold in Southern California...you have to pay through the nose to get it back.

Back
Top Bottom