• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Calipso-New Galapagos Liveaboard

Discussion in 'South America' started by DiveTheGalapagos, Dec 10, 2018.

1. glee719

glee719 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Quick question on the Galapagos Aqua since it was the Astrea before. (which didn't get that high of a review in general). I am looking to contact the owner and see if I can pull off a charter in 2021. Does anyone know how to contact them? Everything I found online was through agencies.

Thanks.

2. Dom@DiveAdvice

Dom@DiveAdvice Dive Travel Professional

# of Dives:
    Hi Glee - I know them personally and have been privy to their whole project when they took over the Astrea and have virtually rebuilt her. Prior to Astrea she was know as Pinguino Explorer and due to the last minute demise of the Buddy boats, I had an unsuccessful group on her, but I feel good about the new boat and the professional group who operate her. Please feel welcome to contact me offline and I will be happy to put you in touch with her new operators. dom@diveadvice.com

3. Dom@DiveAdvice

# of Dives:
    An update on the new CALIPSO - she has offered an intro rate for the remainder of 2019 of $1000 off regular rates. That makes her 2019 rates $5295 less $1000 - $4295 pp. That also includes free WiFi (subject to change) so although she is still in the yard, she would be a very good deal for those planning a trip to Galapagos in 2019. Contact us if you need more details or wish to check spaces dom@diveadvice.com

4. DiveTheGalapagos

DiveTheGalapagos ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Calipso's website is now live with comprehensive information about the yacht. Visit www.calipsodive.com

chillyinCanada likes this.
  5. Bkk4

Bkk4 Garibaldi

To glee719, I was told to contact "Andean Travel Company" (Andean Travel Company / DMC Ecuador Tour Operator) b/c supposedly they own Aqua & a few other naturalist boats in Galapagos. I have gotten a reply from them via email so far, but still have yet hear here back a 2nd time.

To all, any review & comments on Aqua would be appreciated. Thanks!

6. Dom@DiveAdvice

# of Dives:
    We will have clients on her May 28 cruise and will let you know what they say. FYI they have reduced their rates thru July to $3495 pp for all cabin types and then $3995 until the end of the year.

7. DiverJODM

DiverJODM Angel Fish

Hi! Do you have more photo of the newly refurbished Calipso to share? Am thinking of making a trip in December!

8. Dom@DiveAdvice

# of Dives:
    Hi - we do not yet have the new images of the CALIPSO - they haev only given us artist renditions at this time but we expect her to be launched at any time now and will be happy to get those to you as soon as we have them. Her first charter is scheduled for early July and although I question whether she will make that, we expect her to be ready for her 2nd trip on July 25 - after which we will be able to give you much better input.

9. DiverJODM

DiverJODM Angel Fish

Thanks Dom! That's very helpful inputs.
    Hoping to get more information of Calipso as a newly refurbished vessel sounds like an attractive deal at more than US$2000 less per pax.

10. Dom@DiveAdvice

# of Dives:
    I agree and will be happy to keep you updated :)