Calling all GOD’s: Keep the Kids Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got rid of my last dry suit because it cost too much and I had to fix it every time I used it. The guy I sold it to still thinks I like to fix it. He's wrong. So, I put in a ridiculous auto-bid on a Typhoon drysuit while snooping around ebay one night. About a week later I get an email telling me I won the thing. Well, today it showed up. It's in good shape, my size and it's a front-zip design that makes it easy to get in and out unassisted. So, it's cheap, a little strange but works very well - same excuse I use at work.

DC

As for us, M has a little over two years to go on the thirty-and-out plan. I don't know if my job will last that long, but we'll see. Except for our newest truck, the Dodge Diesel Locomotive, everything is paid off. And that Newport 30 MKIII in front of the workshop is next on my List Of Things To Do. With any luck I'll be ready for a new float plan in a couple years.

DC

Enjoying 4 bucks a gallon yet????

Boy, you old people are grumpy! :D

BTW, Real divers don't dive splits! :popcorn:

I don't have a problem with those underage peeking at what the "real" grownups are doing but I do have a problem with the word "elderly" in the forum's description!:wink: Took me years to train my parents to stop calling me their "oldest" daughter and start calling me their "first" instead:D

It's interesting to me how the survey results are split: many started diving during their childhood; even more of us started during our second childhoods!

It's been funny watching my husband, who used to needle me about my cold intolerance, begin to turn the thermostat up and whine about having to ride his horse in cold weather. A warm climate is looking better and better, but we can't afford Mexico and Peter's somehow averse to the idea of North Florida. Doesn't want a shotgun, I guess.

Enjoying 4 bucks a gallon yet????

I've got a BullyDog downloader on The Dodge Diesel Locomotive. I have it turned up to 400 hp and 720 ft-lb of torque. It weighs two-and-a-half times as much as our Honda Element and gets better fuel economy. I can get over 25mpg if I stay within the speed limits and behave myself,( not towing anything ). We filled it up at the OK/TX border and drove it to the MO/IA border on one tank. $4 per gallon sucks, but oddly enough, it isn't that expensive to drive. And the license plates and insurance are cheap, too. Overall, I'm happy with it. And it's job in life is to tow the Newport 30 to Big Water.

DC

Gawd what a boring forum.... :11:
Well, one should never ask a lady her age but on occasion someone looks at my Cert card I noticed kindly states my birth date.
I go to a large dance hall at times that caters to college kids, gives a wrist band to the ones old enough to drink beer - like the minors won't pick up one by accident? :lol2:

They card everyone in line, so I give them my a Padi card - then they look up at me...?!
good try for the questions, but i'd qualify if that was the bar! i remember the party lines - we had them until i was in college, and couldn't use touch tone phones on them. and what fast food?

and i'm only 39, a mere child!

so things that young people who happen to be from the sticks wouldn't know - maybe the name of the princess on howdy doody? i only know that from mama.
Hiya BD! Wow you must have been bored to come in here.
I could care less who's in here to be honest.
Yeah but you're senile - it's different.
Make everybody list the things they hurt when they were young, that came back with a vengeance later.

If you can't find at least two, you don't get to complain here. :cool:

Terry
Damn! I only got one. Guess I'd better leave.
Let's just start whining about prostates and they'll take off if it's such a concern :)

I peaked into the womens only forum before, bored me to tears, I left.
:rofl3:
the younger divers should be allowed in here. One of the only good things about getting old is laughing and shaking your head and thinking....."kids"....Hah.
Remember they were you're idea.
We can carry on as we damn well please. If somebody complains we'll gang up on them. We can beat the snot out of them with our canes and walkers if we have to. Or challenge them to a dive. See if they panic on an 'unplanned' OOA drill.

DC
It would be fun to report David again.
Well, even though I was certified back in 1974, I still don't quite qualify for this club. Although I do have an AARP card hidden somewhere in my wallet, courtesy of MegaMikey, my old fart of a husband. So, do I get spousal privileges in here?
I got my AARP at 40 for the discounts. They really don't have a requirement.
Boy, you old people are grumpy! :D
Swinging at him with my cane.

I wonder if there'd be a problem if I used a cane to get to a dive boat? :eyebrow:

Gawd what a boring forum.... :11:

well no one is twisting your arm to be in here.....or stay in here for that matter....:D

Oh let's liven it up some...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom