http://www.diveheart.org/

Calling All Sb'ers Help With Matt Johnston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all!

Ok, I finally met Matt at DEMA 2006, if only for a minute as he was in such a demand! Anyway, it was great getting to hug him after being phone and email buddies for the last 2 and 1/2 years!

As many of you know Matt's ultimate dream is to dive on Bonaire. Well all arrangements have been made for Matt's arrival here on Bonaire for May 2007. The only thing we are waiting for is airfare. We have approached Air Jamaica and American to see what they can do. We will be needing an large amount of seats, at least 4 first class (2 for Matt, one for his nurse and one for his dad) and approximately 6-8 coach seats for is crew, which we don't think we will get totally. If anyone has any pull with any airline that flies into Bonaire, Aruba or Curacao, then your help would be appreciated. I am also going to set up an "escrow" account to be administered by a 3rd party for donations for any airfare we cannot cover. We are probably looking at raising about $10,000 or so for his airfare and transportation. Four first class seats run about $1,800 each and we would need 6-8 coach seats running about $700-$800 each. We've just worked so hard getting everything donated on Bonaire that we don't want to squash Matt's dream because we couldn't get him here!

Thanks to all!

Liz

I just had email with Mike Lombardi of Matt's non-profit organization and they will be administering the funds for this trip. Visit the website and you can donate there. Just be sure that you specify "Matts Bonaire Dream Trip" and the money will go to the airline seats.

Thanks.

Liz

Hey Liz, it was great to meet you at DEMA. It was very busy, and it was fun. I wish I would have more time for you. Thanks for all the work you are doing for Bonaire, it is awesome! We will get this pulled off, you can be sure of that. This is one of my most things I really want to do.

Take to you soon Doll, stay in touch.

Matt the Aquaman:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom