Cambodia - The new untouched dive destination!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, looks are your team is doing lots of good - the barrier to trawling is a concrete step to stop destructive fishing methods. Keep up the good work!

We're looking into that now..

Meanwhile the dive op. has its gear arriving next week along with a brand new compressor!
So with the boat ready and the bungalows almost finished, its all aboard!

Your all welcome

Check out the site

DIVING 4 CONSERVATION IN CAMBODIA - Home Page

fully supported by Arti-tech Design Studio

Cheers guys come on over!:D

"Our operation is setting up on an Island 2hours from the coast complete with bungalows and restaurant, so a complete package will be available. This will also allow us to concentrate on the outer dive sites and better diving."

I have been traveling to Cambodia for the last 4 years, spending more time on each vist. It is one of my favorite travel destinations.

I never have been diving there. I was under the impression that there was not good diving there. I saw more and more dive centers popping up on Sihinoukville (pardon the spelling) and became a little curious as to what they were finding out there.

Next time I go over there, I will surely have to give it a look. Are the sites, and dive centers closer to the Thai side or Vietnam??

It's good to see Cambodia getting some good press!!

Adam
'Good' diving is a relative term. Many recreational divers do there tickets in amazing 5 star resorts..but unfortunately get into a mindset about what good diving should be.
Cambodia as mentioned before is a great muck diving site...you will see all the small stuff here and is the place for learning and improving your buoyancy! anyone can drift a massive coral face and pop up at the end, but it takes real skill to hover 10 cm off the floor waiting for a little seahorse to poke his head out or observe a mini octopus under a rock! That's muck diving and some of the best is in Cambodia...you see species you won't find elsewhere.
Come on over and challenge yourself...we will be only too happy to go out and have a great time with you..
oh and we do have some pretty cool reefs too!

Last edited:
Sorry for the late post, but wow this sounds amazing. I absolutely love Cambodia and diving for small stuff. I will definitely be checking you guys out and spreading the word.

Hey Simon, I might be in Snookyville in December, have you any further info on your set up. If you have a website that would be great.

I was diving in Snooky in April and described it to freinds when I returned as pretty similar to Pattaya: Terrible viz, no fish. Actually, Pattaya has an order of magnitude more marine life. Some pretty coral though.

I knew I was in for a boring dive when the guide said it would be a sand dive. Not even a reef. Yawn. Not my style.

Good luck with a shop there. There's three already and, in my opinion, the area cannot support 4. I think the only way to take over the market and really do well would be to come in there with an operation based on a fast speedboat that gets you to the sites in 30-45 minutes instead of 2-2.5 hours.

Sihanoukville is a great beach resort but who on holiday wants to get up at 6:30 to be at the dive shop by 7/7:15? Not me. That was way too early. Get a fast boat and you can start trips at 9, which is better for the customer base which is 99.9% tourists on vacation.

Sihanoukville diving has a long way to go, but a lot of potential if someone does something differnet and better than the three existing shops do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom